What exactly is the Step-up Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colby21

Solid State Member
I have went to EVGA's website and spent forever trying to understand exactly what the Step-up program is... EVGA | Step-Up Program

"Participants will be allowed, for one time only, to trade in their existing EVGA video card and upgrade to a select greater performing video card"

I read and understand the requirements completely (within 90 days, etc).

But what I don't understand is if this "step-up" is completely free. It says "trade in". Does this mean I am expected to pay the difference between the card I want and the card I am stepping up from?

Say I purchased Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N841-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards from Newegg.com and then decided that I wanted to Step Up to Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

What now?

Ya, like Akubane said. They will give you a amount for your current card, then you pay the difference of the insane retail price they have on there site.

MSRP, but first you got to register your card and upgrade within 90 days (usually only worth for new cards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom