What do you want and need in a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaBryan09

Baseband Member
I need input from all runs of life, from the business man and woman, the hardcore gamer, the casual tech, to the everyday web surfer

I need to know what you like and want when it comes to a computer

All you need to do is fill out this form and submit it to this thread:

Type of User: (Business, Gamer, Casual, etc..)

Main Use of Computer: (Home Office, Family, Gamer, Work Environment, etc..)

Budget for a Computer: ($200, $600, $800, No-Limit, etc..)

Features you need: (Wireless, RAID, Dual Burners, High End Drafting Video Card, etc ..)

Features you want: (Extra RAM, Extra HDD Space, Liquid Cooling, Dual Video Cards, TV Tuner, etc..)

OS: (Vista, Windows 7, XP Pro, 32-bit, 64-bit, Linux, Server, etc..)

Other Comments:

The reasoning behind this is to gain knowledge of what the people want today in a computer and what they are willing to pay, I am creating a website and this is research, so spill your guts in the survey and feel free to add what every you want to this survey

Thanks in advanced and I appreciate the feedback

Type of User: Gamer

Main Use of Computer: Games/School

Budget for a Computer: If I had the money... $1000+

Features you need: Beasty video card, high end cpu

Features you want: good water cooling loop, maybe 2; one for cpu, one for gpu(s).

Type of User: Gamer
Main use of computer: Gaming/everyday web surfing ect.
Budget for a computer: $1000+
Features I need: Good video card, good cpu, good cooling.
Features I want: Water cooling, ability to overclock.
OS (current): Vista

Type of User : Gamer, Casual, Business

Main Use : Gaming, Web Surfing, 'Work Environment/Home Office'

Budget : Nothing Drastic ~$800 (Without Monitor) $1000+ (With Monitor(s)), unless the demands of the computer are higher

Needed Features : Large hard drive, Ample processing power, Capable graphics (That would work well in gaming, and 3D rendering)

Wanted Features : Upgradeable, Raid, HUGE monitor(s) 30+ inches, touch screen, drawing pad

TOU: Gamer
MU: Gaming, watching movies
B: >$2000 AU
NF: High end everything (gfx, cpu, ram, mobo, hsf, etc.), big monitor, +++HDD space
WF: another monitor, another gfx card, more HDD space

Type of User: Gamer/Student/Power User

Main Use of Computer: Personal Pc, Moderate gaming

Budget for a Computer: ~$1200

Features you need: Modern Cpu with good headroom, Multi gpu capable motherboard, modern "low-highend" video card ie: hd4850 at launch.

Features you want: fast primary storage, ample memory, large monitor

OS: In the past 6 months i have changed a lot, currently on Server 08.

Type of User: Casual Gamer, Business, Home entertainment.

Main Use of Computers: (Home Office, Family, Gamer, Work Environment, etc..) All of them

Budget for a Computer: Depends upon which rig you are talking about. $500 - $1,500

Features you need:
Gamer/work - fast cpu, high end vid card.
laptop - ultra portable
htpc - quiet
server - massive hard drive space.

Features you want: Again depends upon specific rig.

would you point me in a good direction for a good Vid Card for 3D Rendering?

GTX 280
GTX 285

Bottom one is better, but more expensive.

Those would be great, but if you're on a budget, look into ATI. It also depends on if you're focusing on OpenGL or DirectX applications, as that should be the deciding factor one what card to get (Workstation or General Desktop/Gaming). A FirePro V3750 is roughly $150, while it's "gaming" counter part, the 4670, is as low as $70. An Nvidia FX3700 is $790, and it's gaming counterpart (8800GT(S), 9800GT(X)(X+)(X2)) can be as low as $90. The reason for the difference? Stability, and customer support. You pay that premium for the OpenGL drivers, which take quite some time, quite some effort and vigorous testing to make sure they are stable. They manufacturers know they can get away with these prices, 'cause graphic designers can't have their computers inoperable while working on a tight schedule. If the rendering isn't your number one priority in a computer, DO NOT spend that kind of money on a workstation graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom