What do you think of this rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbrown37

Solid State Member
* CPU: AMD Phenomâ„¢II X6 1090T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [+90]
* HDD: 640GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+15] (Single Hard Drive)
* MOTHERBOARD: Asus M4A87TD EVO AMD 870 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3 ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394a, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI [+8]
* MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [-94] (Corsair Dominator [+47])
* SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
* VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+120] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

Cooling: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan
PSU: Corsair 750 Watts CMPSU-750TX - Quad SLI Ready
Speakers: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
Thermal Display: NZXT Sentry-2 Fan Touch Screen Fan Control & Temperature Display
Surge protector: OPTI-UPS SBAH1210EXR

Or should I get the AMD Phenomâ„¢II X6 1055T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology and the ATI Radeon HD 5870 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card instead?

Whats your budget? i would stay with the 1gb HD5870 , the 2GB one is not worth the money. you won't notice much performance increase, probaly 2-5 frames... Not much better than the 1gb version unless you are playing at realy high resolutions. Also, check to see if you motherboard has good sound. you probaly won't need the sound card.

My budget is 1700$ and with the 1GB card and 1055t the total with shipping and tax comes out to: 1597$ Where should I check to see if my motherboard has good sound? I'll assume just start googling check there first. I don't have a sound card included as it is. I dropped the 2GB card and added on a Razer Arctosa Black USB Gaming Keyboard. Should I get dominator or a-data memory? I read that a-data has more data/s but dominator has less latency.

dont get the 2 gig 5870, it isnt worth the premium price tag and you wont really see any performance gain...

the only differenece between the 1055 and the 1090 other than the factory clock speed is different and the 1090T has an unlocked multiplyer, which may or may not get you a high overclock, but it it wont be a massive gain, it might be the difference between 4.02ghz and 4.2ghz, so you gotta ask your self is that worth the extra $100?

what case were you planning on getting?

dont get the asthec cooler, if you want to go that route go with the Corsair H50, or go air cooling.

all modern mother boards have excelent onboard sound.

is there any particular reason you went with AMD over intel?

i would stick with the Dominators in terms of memory, just a personal preference. In terms of sound, pretty much what Sean.W said, all modern boards have good sound. you can get a sound card latter on down the track if you need it, but test the motherboard sound first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom