What do you think guys? Future plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora

Renowned Budgeting Master
Why hello there guys I've been looking to upgrade my system pretty soon and I will be working over the summer for around 250 bucks a week. A lot needs to be saved but i'm going to upgrade quite a few things and sell my old parts as well heh.

I like open box so here is what I'm looking at in the next 2 months or so to have.

Mobo
Current: Biostar Tforce 965PT

The mobo overclocks pretty well for the price and not too many problems but it doesn't have what I need. The main thing I don't like about it is the placement of the 24 pin connecter which is right in the middle of the board and it's ugly. Also it supports no RAID or SLI, not that SLI matters. I will be selling this board used for around $65 shipped and then looking to grab one of these.

Future Board

Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - OEM
or
Newegg.com - Open Box: MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - OEM

I'm a huge fan of the 650i chipset due to it's ability to overclock, support many types of RAID, SLI support, and just overall a good chipset. I could either get a plain P5N-E and only pay about 30 bucks extra after selling an old one or get my favorite the P6N Platinum. The Platinum has heatpipes and is beautiful I think. Both boards will perform the same but the Plat will have better temps and looks better hah so we'll see.

PSU

Current: Rosewill 450w Stallion

The PSU actually is not bad and looks great. It runs my system overclocked no problem but I will be looking to do some upgrades and add more power hungry things soon so I have this one in mine as its good for the money. I want to see if I cant sell this to a friend for like 20 bucks or something though..if not I can keep for a back-up.

Future PSU
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550-2-S ATX12V v2.01 550W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, UL, TUV, FCC - Retail

One of the only good Rosewill PSU's that enthusiasts trust. The RP500 and RP550 models are made by a very good OEM and are very stable for the money. 55 bucks for 550 watts and around 32 amps combined on the rails sounds like one **** of a deal for me. It will handle everything I need for a while.

Video
Current: 7900GS overclocked 610/835

A very good card and handles everything I need at great frames at 1440x900 but I will be looking to upgrade. Like I said I honestly could keep this card for another 5 months and be happy but since i'm going to have money Heres what I want.

Future

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100186L Radeon X1950XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 VIVO HDCP Video Card - Retail

I have been wanting an X1950XT for so long now and they are very powerful for the money...this thing is all I need for a while really. After MIR (that I HATE) it's only 180 bucks and I can sell my 7900GS for around $130 shipped or something. This is what I need a new PSU for.

Here are a few other things that I will be adding on heh.

Newegg.com - Open Box: Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
I want to take two 250GB and RAID 0 them with my new board since I need more space for media anyway and I want extra performance as well. It's a good price becuase it's Open box but hey i'm not scared heh.

Another optical drive such as a DVD burner or just reader so I can make copies of things easier.

Some Speakers such as Logitech X-230's

Newegg.com - Logitech X-230 32 Watts 2.1 Black Speakers - Retail
or
Newegg.com - Logitech X-530 70 watts RMS 5.1 Black Speaker System - OEM

I will be looking for open box, used, refurbished, or deals on either of the speakers really.

I have already ordered these.
Buy.com - ICEMAT Siberia Professional Gaming Headset w/ microphone (Black) - 10064

I have been wanting a pair for so long but they were out of stock at the egg for 60 bucks + 5 shipping. However Those for 50 free shipping were an EXCELLENT deal and I jumped right on it heh.

I think that's the majority of the upgrades. I will also be looking to do some cable management and lap my cooler with AS5 and just minor things like that but all together this stuff should cost me around 250 bucks or something and my system will be fun :p.

What do you guys think I'm excited heh

w000t!!...finally, Sora get's his X1950XT!...haha...I'm saving up for that as well. Overall, the choices are well thought out.

I got the ASUS P5N-E SLI. It's not bad, and I'm very satisfied. But I would of chose the P6N Plat, instead.

I thought you would of went, for the XClio 550w, because you've been suggesting that one. But you can't go wrong, with the one, you chose. And it's lighted too...heh...

Heh yea I want one really bad since they are a step-up from most cards and cheap as well.

I'm excited about it and I'm going to make my set-up look really good too.

I've never seen a picture, of your system either. Please share, when it's done...lol.

Heh My system is ok looking but the lack of cable managment and the giant Mobo connector sticking out right in the window makes it look ugly. Plus my current desk is just meh but when I get everything set up boy will I make look nice heh. I want a Northbridge Blue LED chipset fan for looks as well hah.

I have not decided yet to go for the plain P5N-E and save some money or spring for the P6N Platinum yet.

Do you mean what am I looking to spend or how much everything will cost me?

I have no money yet but I will start working in two weeks and bring home 250 a week. The majority (75-80%) of the money I make will be banked or used by me just normally but I am for sure looking to upgrade my baby.

I guess I don't have a certain budget it's more just whatever it takes to get all of my parts up tp date and comfortable feeling with a good look. This includes a nice mobo with RAID and overclocking, a better video card, a decent PSU, more storage and RAID 0 if possible, and looks enhanced meaning cleaned up insides with added chipset LED fan and whatever. Yes I estimate that after selling all of my old parts and whatnot I will have to put in a total of 250 bucks.

Meh, I think most of it is kind of a waste of money for such a small upgrade.. Paying $100 mainly just for looks on the mobo is kinda dumb (imo). Even if it's just $50 (oh and Sapphire rebates are pretty much retarded, go read it), not sure if the graphics upgrade it worth it, especially since you're happy with performance right now. Also, the XT is mucho loud. I still wouldn't get a Rosewill psu but that's just me..

Just my opinion..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom