What do you think of this build? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-08-2007, 07:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator
 
Nagasama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: probably on the lake
Posts: 6,956
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Corsair>Antec.
come on dude don't you remember in elementary school...
"the bigger better alligator eats the smaller, lesser alligator"...

CORSAIR < ANTEC

lol bro just givin you a hard time.
__________________

__________________
"nagasama no longer drinks tecate, or streaks out of the night for anything, and he has a fine wife so he has no use for your girlfriend...she is safe..."
Nagasama is offline  
Old 02-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar
 
Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upon Gleaning Infinity
Posts: 9,577
Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default

Um, ok...
lol
__________________

Ste is offline  
Old 02-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
Default

Thanks Ste,

After quite a bit of reading, I decided to go with the corsair you recommended.
Draugr is offline  
Old 02-08-2007, 08:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar
 
Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upon Gleaning Infinity
Posts: 9,577
Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default

Your won't be disapointed. **** will freeze over if you are.
Ste is offline  
Old 02-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nagasama
come on dude don't you remember in elementary school...
"the bigger better alligator eats the smaller, lesser alligator"...

CORSAIR < ANTEC

lol bro just givin you a hard time.
haha ya i remember that haha nice
Coke27 is offline  
Old 02-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
nosbusch2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nagasama
come on dude don't you remember in elementary school...
"the bigger better alligator eats the smaller, lesser alligator"...

CORSAIR < ANTEC

lol bro just givin you a hard time.
Actually if Ste was trying to say Corsair is better than Antec, which it seems he was, he had his symbol correct.
Corsair>Antec
The alligator eats the bigger one.
__________________

nosbusch2005 is offline  
Old 02-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar
 
Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upon Gleaning Infinity
Posts: 9,577
Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by nosbusch2005
Actually if Ste was trying to say Corsair is better than Antec, which it seems he was, he had his symbol correct.
Corsair>Antec
The alligator eats the bigger one.
He was joking Buddy.
Ste is offline  
Old 02-08-2007, 09:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
nosbusch2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 290
Default

O sorry
__________________

nosbusch2005 is offline  
Old 02-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 337
Default

I've heard the Corsairs are made by Seasonic and they tend to make excellent PSU's. If you're going to OC like you said, you may want to go with a 680i or a 775 motherboard instead. I hear they're better for OC'ing e6600's. But that might just be for hardcore OC'ing, I'm really not sure.
Jrod is offline  
Old 02-08-2007, 09:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jrod
I've heard the Corsairs are made by Seasonic and they tend to make excellent PSU's. If you're going to OC like you said, you may want to go with a 680i or a 775 motherboard instead. I hear they're better for OC'ing e6600's. But that might just be for hardcore OC'ing, I'm really not sure.
You might be right, when I selected the motherboard, I had the E6300 in mind, can anyone shed some light?
__________________

Draugr is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.