what do you think about this mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raza

Baseband Member
I have decided to change my mobo (my current is 8GPNXP Duo 915P) and i am thinking to buy Abit Mguru FATALITY AW8 MAX (955X Express Chipset).
What do you think about it? I have heard that mguru will "manage" my CPU performance. In that case am i going to be still able to OC it again?
Instead of this abit would you suggest any other mobos witch will give me more performance?
Thanks.

The Fatality is defenantly a much higher end board. You will still be able to overclock on the Fatality board however it has the option to dynamically overclock your cpu (i think). What CPU do you currently have? Because it may not worth upgrading the motherboard as your current one is fine, the performance increase is negligible.

I currently have Intel P4 3.6GHz HT LGA775. Do you think that the abit won't give me more performance?
Thanks.

it defenantly will give you more performance, but is it worth the price?

Do you overclock your current cpu and by how much?

What are some other specs of your system?

Specs:
CPU: Intel P4 3.6GHz @ 4.1GHz (water cooled)
Mobo: GA-8GPNXP Duo (+ U-PLUS DPS)
RAM: 2x512 TwinMOS
Graphics: some GeFORCE (not a gamer)

Regarding the abit, i would like to buy something new that will give me some more performance, so i was between the mobo and Prometeia Mach2 or Intel EE, but i now have money only for a new mobo :p
What do you suggest?

so, its between a New CPU, Better Cooling or a Better Motherboard.

I would rule out an Intel EE, they really arnt worth the money. Maybe look into a Dual Core Pentium D.

Your current motherboard seems to be doing quite well, and if you arnt going to go with an EE you might be able to get both.

$1,010.00 instead for the EE 840 get:

Pentium D 930 - Dual Core, 65nm, Ive Heard these Overclock to > 4.2ghz (920) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116238

And

Some 975X motherboard:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...TR15=&ATTR16=&ATTR17=&ATTR18=&ATTR19=&ATTR20=

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
I think you are right about EE
I also think that one of those 975X mobos is going to be my choise.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom