What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

massacreinfallx

Fully Optimized
Im going to be purchasing a new monitor and i was wondering what you guys thought about my two choices.

My first choice is the :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824252003
CHIMEI T38 Silver 20.1" 8ms LCD Monitor

My second choice would be 2 17 inch Dell 1703FPs

i would use these monitors to make a dual monitor setup.

My question is, what are the benefits of dual monitors? and what would you guys do? thanks

dual monitors provide a larger workspace, in some cases can allow better organization, productivity, some people use it to multitask while gaming, or even play two games at once.

Me, myself, I have little use for dual monitors, but that's only because I'm a dedicated gamer, it all depends on your own preferences, and needs, I do think it's better for a work-type environment, but the uses are many.

Fuxy_Muxy said:
can u really play 2 games at a time?

Why would you need to? I don't see any logical answer for playing two games on one system. That would...be impossible to control. You would need an extra GPU, mouse, keyboard, basically another system. ;)

Oh. By the way, I'm not sure of the quality of that 20.1" monitor. Never heard of Chimei before. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but that seems like a risky proposition. :beard:

Go with a Viewsonic or BenQ 20.1" if you're going that route. I'd personally go with Viewsonic, but that's just me.

thanks for the advise. im just stuck betweene going with the bigger monitor...or the two small ones.

im trying to think, i could watch tv on one and game with the other
i dont know lol.

well it depends, whats yor current video card. if you've got a nice 7 series then a widescreen because of the high resolution. if not then i'd say dual screen.

i have a 7900GT

i was thinking aabout going with 2x 19inch lcds, for a little over 300 bucks.

but i dont know if thats such a great idea, i know i would just end up selling one of them

its kinda good to have 2 monitors. like if u are playing some game and other monitor has "www.gamefaqs.com" open for a guide. or playing mmorpg doing "selling, buying, trading, tracking auction, or just chat w/ buddies" while you are playng BF2, camp the **** out of enemy spawn knifing from shadow. or...u know..whatever

What are you going to be doing? For "everyday" kind of purposes, it's utterly useless. You don't need two monitors just because you can. If you Photoshop, you can put all of your palettes on one screen, for example. What are your intended uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom