This is what I install by default. Different computers being used for special purposes get more/different programs
- Windows updates.
- Other Firefox addons
- Intel Turbo Boost (If processor supports it)
- Prime 95 (if processor is going to generate a considerable amount of heat)
- Latest version of Java
- MS Office or Open Office (whichever there is a license for)
- AVG free
- Spybot-Search and Destroy
- All CPU meter desktop gadget
- VLC Media Player
- Google Earth
- Notepad ++
- IMG Burn
- Freemake Video and Audio converters
I think I named them all.
I don't always install all that crap at once on the same day, but I end up downloading all those programs eventually.