What do you guys think of my new case??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmammen

Self Proclaimed Immortal
Almost set on getting this case. Ever since they came out i have been i love with the antec p180 cases. I love how they have two sectors seperating your psu and mobo and how the psu is located at the bottom of the case. I originally planned on getting a regular p180 and cutting a window in the side myself. Well this case fixes my modding problems.

Antec P180 Advanced Super Mid Tower with Bolt-on Window [P180-BOW] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Its already in my cart, just wondering what every thinks!

wow i didnt know that case was so expensive
its a nice case and all, but i wouldn't pay 200 bucks for it
but to each his own

I'm using a P180 non-windowed case. It's a decent case.

Warning: I hope this case won't be for a LAN PC. It weights a TON when fully built. Also, just a word of advice. First thing you do, is remove all the stock case fans, throw them right in the garbage. Buy better case fans. The fans that this case comes with are the worse fans i've ever seen. They barely move any air. Secondly, make sure you spend some time on wire management. The separate compartments make the motherboard area very cramped. If you don't manage your wires right, you'll defeat the whole purpose of having two separate compartments.

just my opinion, but it seems to me that having the psu at bottom = bad idea, as heat rises?
maybe that is why it has seperate compartments?

Yea, i had heard about the bad fans....dont really care as i will be having a fully watercooled system going in there.

Heat rises yes, but my psu(maybe PSUs in general) doesnt give off much heat at all.

lol, PSU'S don't give off much heat? Yes they do...lol

Converting AC to DC constantly has an efficiency rating. Normally most PSU's are 70%, better ones are 85%. The remaining portion of that percentage is "waste - aka HEAT". PSU's always give off heat. If they don't, you've got a problem.

I find it hard to believe that you are going to use water cooling with that case. It's not that I don't believe you, it's just going to be very difficult in a case that's set up like that.

The PSU is in a separate compartment from the other components so most of the PSU's heat doesn't affect the rest of the computer at all unlike other cases. Theres an intake in the front for that compartment and the regular exhaust on the back of PSU that move the heat. It does however make wire management a hassle.

And yeah.. this isn't the ideal case for water-cooling. Since you're willing to pay $200, I would get something like this Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-V1000APLUSII W Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail. It's one SICK case.

Dont worry guys, if i can fit a full loop in my aspire mid tower case, this one will be fine, besides ive seen plenty of watercooled p180s. And really, my antec psu doesnt give off much heat. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom