what to do what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
im so irritated at this point i am seriously considering it. well...i dont know if im considering it seriously lol...i think i am just ****ed off.
i also asked EVGA about the possiblility of an SLI mobo for Phenom.
we'll see how they answer my email...im sure it will not be sufficient answers for all the questions i asked.
if they cant provide me with a bios for phenom, and aren't planning on making an SLI chipset for phenom...
meh...i will need to upgrade when i buy my second card no doubt...so i guess i'll have to see whats out then. thinking of buying it shortly after the start of the new year.
also, dhgunit...like it...me likes. although the more i study on the corsair PSU, the more i'm swaying to it.

-official answer given to me by EVGA cs, which answers....NOTHING.
what i am hearing is that the bios required by phenom is twice the size as the x2 bios...so there may not PHYSICALLY be room for it in the 590 SLI bios chip. thats the only hardware limitation that i can think of.
i think this is what this yahoo means by "hardware limitation". it also sounds like this ambiguous answer is leaning towards "you're screwed".
EVGA has never supported this board very well, and he says they are trying to "figure it out"...i think he's full of ****.

Answered By cjane (12/12/2007 4:28:36 PM): Hello James, As of right now there is no official answer for this question. We are trying to find out if a simple bios update will take care of it or if its a hardware limitation. Please email us back if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you EVGA Technical Support

LOL my "questions and concerns" are this...
i am concerned that a 200.00 mobo that is barely a year old wont do what its supposed to do, which is provide me with am2+ upgrade ability. which was AMD's plan all along. did EVGA somehow miss that?
i am concerned that EVGA doesnt care about anything except shoving new products down my throat.
my question is, can i get a REAL ANSWER to my other questions?
jack @$$es.

Honestly I never trusted EVGA, I bought a 6600GT from them a few years back, crappiest POS I have ever seen for a $200 GPU... The power connection on it has finaly broken loose, ended up soldering a old fans power connection to the damned thing so my sister can use it. Heatsink fan still works though... Anyways, all they would have to literaly do, is offer a actual new BIOS chip for like $5.00 or something and ship it with the clips that remove the old bios, and just pop the new one in... I remember hearing about how they used to do that with the old stuff, because they couldn't flash it, all that EPROM, and PROM and such...

i know dude...
i'll even pay the ****in shipping!
i have always had stellar results with their gear...but i have ALWAYS said that their support is ABSOLUTELY SHODDY.
im going to email them again right now and ask for a less vague answer ("lemme talk to your manager" lol). also gonna ask about just making a bios chip. lol "hardware limitation" ....uhhhh...asus has the same hardware, and they have a bios out ofor phenom, you tool. i plan to tell them that too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom