What To Do First With New Laptop... Advice

Once you decide on which AV to use and get it installed and after you have your laptop all configured the way you like it, my advice is to use software like the free Macrium Reflect to create an image of your laptop's drive. Don't rely on the mfr's restore disks or partition since if you ever restore from them, your laptop will be right back to how it was configured the day you brought it home from the store.

It's also a good idea to periodically create a new system image in order to keep the image up-to-date with your computer's latest configuration as you install/uninstall software and make tweaks here and there.

No idea what that means, but thanks.:lol: I'll keep it in mind.

I really hate the butt-loads of preloaded software that the manufacturers pile on it. I usually carefully uninstall those (some of them have functions like on-screen caps lock/num lock display).

After that I usually install all my software and make everything nice, organized, and pretty.

I've also become a fan of a Stardock product called Fences. Its great for desktop icon organization and customization. Check it out here.

I really hate the butt-loads of preloaded software that the manufacturers pile on it. I usually carefully uninstall those (some of them have functions like on-screen caps lock/num lock display).

After that I usually install all my software and make everything nice, organized, and pretty.

I've also become a fan of a Stardock product called Fences. Its great for desktop icon organization and customization. Check it out here.

Thanks. I'll check it out. And, yeah. I was planning to do the same. It's always better to get things to your own personal taste or settings.

What does it mean if Avast is in 'Passive Mode'? There's also a thing at the top I can click... It says 'Activate'. It's above 'Scan Tools Passwords Store'. A green button. There's also this 'gift' I can unwrap, whatever that is.

Back
Top Bottom