What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok i heard soon the M2 socket motherboards are coming out and the G80 cores are coming out soon. Does anyone know when? I wanted to build a computer in Feburary because my computer just died after experiencing months of issues with video and games. I have to build in feburary because 1)It's when my birthday comes around and they said I could do it then and 2) I am in a clan and as though it sounds dumb, I want to be able to play with them because they kinda need me. Lol. Anyway I wanted to know what i should build with $1,000 to keep me going till about next summer when I have enough money from my job to build a kick azz pc with a G80 core video card and M2 w/e cpu they make. I was thinking to get a 7800gt 1gb ram and maybe a 3200, but ive been told otherwise. If there would not be any sound cards, monitors, keyboard, mice worth getting next summer, then I would extend my budget to $2,000, instead of saving up or something. Idk I just need to know the best course of action and a build.

The G80 might not be out until June. (same as G70)
The G80 should have GDDR4 and an extremely high clock.

In February, the G71 will come out (90nm w/ higher clock and 512MB)

As for the CPU, the name has changed to AM2 and it will come out between February and June. (Not sure yet)
The 3500+ will be the slowest A64 available.

Pepsiboy700, I understand your dilemma because I was going through the same thing when I first started out researching for a new rig. The thing is, when February and June roll around there will be something new waiting to come out right around the corner. My suggestion is continue to research until you are comfortible to go ahead and buy. But keep in mind, new PC technology never stagnates; it is always evolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom