What CPU is compatible with my mboard (SiS 661FX)

Shaqb

Beta member
So im currently upgrading my PC so i can play GW2. I currently am in the process in buying a 4GB RAM but i would need the CPU to match it. Before changing my CPU i found out that the motherboard had to be compatible or it wouldnt work. The CPU im hoping to buy is a IntelCore i5-650 (3.2Ghz) LGA1156 So i reallly need to know if this will be compatible with my mboard (SiS 661FX)

SIS 661FX is a chipset, not the motherboard, and that chipset is used in different S478 and 775 boards. That being said, no you can't put an i5 in either of those and odds have it the board wont support 4GB of RAM either.
If your motherboard and CPU are that old I would be willing to bet your video card is, meaning you will most likely need to upgrade that to play GW2 as well.

SIS 661FX is a chipset, not the motherboard, and that chipset is used in different S478 and 775 boards. That being said, no you can't put an i5 in either of those and odds have it the board wont support 4GB of RAM either.
If your motherboard and CPU are that old I would be willing to bet your video card is, meaning you will most likely need to upgrade that to play GW2 as well.

Atm i have a Intel Celeron D CPU would that and 4GB of RAM be able to handle GW2 on med to low settings?

GPU is video card or graphics card.

Just checked on "Can you run it" Helps alot and it says i need to update my graphics card for GW2 my RAM (DDR) which i am going to do and my CPU, It reccomends Intel core i3 and Intel duo 2.0GHz Would any of these two Cpu's be able to run on my mboard

No, and no. Your motherboard is limited to Pentium D being the highest you can use, which is only marginally a step better than what you have.
Really need more info to help you here. Specific model of the computer you have would help a lot so I can get any info I need straight from Google. Just judging on the things you are saying your graphics card is going to probably be your biggest set back unless you have something like a 560ti sitting in there which I doubt.

No, and no. Your motherboard is limited to Pentium D being the highest you can use, which is only marginally a step better than what you have.
Really need more info to help you here. Specific model of the computer you have would help a lot so I can get any info I need straight from Google. Just judging on the things you are saying your graphics card is going to probably be your biggest set back unless you have something like a 560ti sitting in there which I doubt.

Information from Speccy and CPU - Z

imgur: the simple image sharer

Oh my, the situation is worse than I thought.

The CPU is not a Celeron D, it's a regular celery meaning it's single core. That kills performance itself. The best CPU you can get is a Pentium 4, which isn't much better in terms of gaming performance today.

Your next worry is you have an AGP slot. There is no decent card you can get to stick in there to make this game run decent. I'm afraid you will need to overhaul.

Back
Top Bottom