What could happen? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Pepsiboy700 Send a message via MSN to Pepsiboy700
Default What could happen?

You know this might be one of the dumbest things I could talk about but I know everyone says wait a couple weeks to months for the company to "iron out the wrinkles" in their new products. Now I think that the hype over the new Conroe is record breaking. It seems it will make Amd wipe its arse royally. Personally, I dont care. I always go for best bang for the buck or whats available at a decent price (looks like Conroe but who knows). But as I hear more and more about Conroe it makes me wonder, when people buy these is something going to happen where they are not as good as people thought and are about the same as old P4's and will run really hot and not overclock at all. I know your probably saying "Holy crapy what the **** is he smoking" but, I just feel something fishy about Conroe. It just seems that the is a catch to Conroe or its REALLY going to be that good. I dont want to start a flame war or make the post be worthless but can anyone tell me whats the worst that could happen with these new cpus? Could it end up like the huge tire recall that Firestone had to go through years ago?

Old 06-12-2006, 02:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

well conroe will be good and it shall be the best thing on offer for a year perhaps but i don't think it is all its cracked up to be. everyone is caught up intel's marketing machine. i have no doubt it will be powerful but it probably won't be anywhere near as cheap as the figures people keep throwing around on the net, at least for some time anyway. i highly doubt that the majority of conroe cores will overclock anything like the reports of the pre-release conroes, those where hand picked engineering samples.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

When AMD moves to 65nm with geranium, it may be able to perform the same.

I heard that it is possible to raise the clock of an FX 62 50% (with out overclocking w/ 65nm w/ Ge).

So you may be able to close into 5GHtz with good cooling.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
MechEng Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to cwiz

i think its mostly hipe, amd will probably come out w/ the quad core first and blow away intel for another 9 months till they make a slight improvement and their on top again. im waiting for AMD's rebuttle to upgrade
Old 06-12-2006, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie

Yea I've also heard that the FX-62 overclocks like a freaking beast. So you never know. How does the Conroe overclock? I wonder how well an FX-62 will do overclocked against the conroe.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Techie

i'm gonna start a new cpu company and its gonna totally beat the crap out of both intel and AMD.. my flagship chip will be named G7 and i'll make it using parts from my saitek gamepad and logitech speakers.. if you want in, PM me. we're gonna be really rich.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

YEA DUDE INTEL IS TEH SUXX0RZ LOL!!! THEYS ALL HYPE AND NO GAME LOLZ!1 I THINK THAT AMD IS GONNA BE 1337 AND PWN INTEL CUZ INTEL SUCKS LOL!11 ALL THE BENCHMARKS OUT ARE FOTOSHOPS!11 INTEL IS JUST A BUNCH OF HAXING NEWBS! GO AMD!!!!!!!!!111111111
ATI Radeon x1950xt
MSI RD480 Neo2 Crossfire Mobo
Western Digital 160gb SATA HDD
Fortron 450 watt PSU
KINGWIN SK-523BKP Case
Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse
Old 06-13-2006, 03:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
YEA DUDE INTEL IS TEH SUXX0RZ LOL!!! THEYS ALL HYPE AND NO GAME LOLZ!1 I THINK THAT AMD IS GONNA BE 1337 AND PWN INTEL CUZ INTEL SUCKS LOL!11 ALL THE BENCHMARKS OUT ARE FOTOSHOPS!11 INTEL IS JUST A BUNCH OF HAXING NEWBS! GO AMD!!!!!!!!!111111111
now was that really necessary. if you think he asked a stupid question or have some sort of a personal gripe take it up with him via PM. no need to give a stupid response that reflects badly on both your intelligence and your character.

that is assuming your post was sarcasm, if not may god be with you.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by nitestick
now was that really necessary. if you think he asked a stupid question or have some sort of a personal gripe take it up with him via PM. no need to give a stupid response that reflects badly on both your intelligence and your character.

that is assuming your post was sarcasm, if not may god be with you.
It wasn't against him it was against everyone posting in this forum. I'm just so tired of people talking about how maybe conroe isn't gonna be good. WTF are all of those benchmarks that are out? It amazes me how people on here are still saying Conroe is just hype.

ATI Radeon x1950xt
MSI RD480 Neo2 Crossfire Mobo
Western Digital 160gb SATA HDD
Fortron 450 watt PSU
KINGWIN SK-523BKP Case
Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse
Closed Thread