what computer god thinks that they can solve this problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzahelpme

Solid State Member
Ok, i'll start from the top. I have recently purchased a MSI Theater 550 Pro TV Tuner Card (PCI form). I have tried it in an older Dell computer and it works without a hitch. But when i try it in my computer it will freeze while saying "device driver installing" and go to a BSOD. I have even tried it in safe mode and it still won't work. I have the latest drivers for my TV Tuner card but that doesn't help as it never gives me the chance to install them. While browsing on the net it seems there are a few people who have had similar troubles with the Ati 550 TV Tuners and nforce4 chipsets on their motherboard but no one offers a solution. My drivers for my computer are all the most recent and if i remove the TV Tuner card everything runs perfectly again and like i said the card is fine as it works on my older Dell.

My system spec are as follows:

Asus A8N-SLi Motherboard
Athlon 64 4600+ Dual-Core CPU
2 times 512MB Ram HYNIX pc3200 DDR400
Radeon X300se Video Card (PCI-Express)
Samsung DVD RW Drive
Seagate 300GB SataII HDD
Silverstone LC16M Case
Thermaltake 430W PSU
and lastly MSI Theater 550 Pro TV Tuner Card (PCI)

I am running Windows Vista Premium.

Please help me, i will be forever greatful.

Cheers for the reply.

Yip, the dell certainly does have xp. But i've read that all 550 pro TV Tuner cards are compatible with vista, but it always bsod before it has a chance to install.

Hey thanks for letting me know. I may have to grab a Hauppauge then. You don't happen to know if windows vista will update in future to allow the MSI Theater 550 pro to be compatible as i've heard good reviews of picture quality.

Thanks again.

Ya, it is "compatible" by there tests. But it isnt certified, windows Vista still doens't have much support for all tv tuners yet.

Hi,

I've just noticed on the MSI link that you provided that it states "vista" as a operating system.

System Requirements

• OPERATING SYSTEMS SUPPORT:
- Windows XP/SP2
- Windows XP MCE 2005 (When using MCE OS, an extra 3rd party DVD decoder must be installed)
- Windows Vista

So whats up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom