What can the 8800GTX do that the 8800GTS cant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Bascially what i want to know is, is it worth paying another $200 for a GTX?

Can the GTS pay every game out right now at MAX settings with a res of 1680x1050. Games I plan on playing are Battlefield 2, WoW, battlefield 2042, FEAR, Oblivion. I also want to be able to play games in the future at max settings too such as Crysis and other games within the next few years.

Will the GTS do the job or should i pay another 200 for the GTX? I know these are only the first of many soon to come Directx10 cards. But I plan on building a computer in Jan.

In a few years, you wont be able to play newest games on max even with the gtx. Now as of RIGHT NOW the gts can play any dx9 game max, I think that even includes fs X. I am not sure if the gts will play crysis on maxed out settings or not, but the gtx will.

Fayt19 said:
So the question still stands is it worth it?

as of now.. yes, yes it is, but later on when dx10 games are out.. no, but i'm sure the prices will drop anyway

then the 8900's will come... then the 8950's o_O and so fourth........ lol

When are those cards coming out? I plan on building in Jan. if they are due to release soon after then waiting probably wouldnt be a problem.

I think the only dx10 cards coming out in january are the lower budget models, like whats equivalent to a 7900gs.

The R600 by ati is supposed be be a couple months after that..... I think. I think nosboost can clarify that for me.

lancec2c30 said:
I think the only dx10 cards coming out in january are the lower budget models, like whats equivalent to a 7900gs.

The R600 by ati is supposed be be a couple months after that..... I think. I think nosboost can clarify that for me.

ya.. supposedly its due for jan/feb.. but i dunno, still not really any word on it

You've probably seen the specs before, but here they are anyways: GTX GTS
Stream Processors 128 96
Core Clock (MHz) 575 500
Shader Clock (MHz)1350 1200
Memory Clock (MHz)900 800
Memory Amount 768MB 640MB
Memory Interface 384-bit 320-bit
Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 86.4 64
Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 36.8 24

I'm a lush and always want the best... so take my advice and do it! Besides, it's only 200 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom