What to buy from NCIX.com with a $2000 CAD budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navaros

Baseband Member
I want a system that will give me the best bang for my buck for gaming with $2000 CAD. I'm gonna buy from NCIX.com because from what I've seen they are the most reliable store that has a good selection in Canada.

Stuff what I want to port over from my current computer instead of buying are:

1 IDE DVD ROM DRIVE
1 IDE CDRW DRIVE
1 IDE Hard Drive
1 Monitor
1 OS
1 Floppy Drive

I was thinking of buying these parts originally:

1 x AeroCool ExtremEngine 3T-BK ATX Mid Tower Case Black 25CM Side Panel Fan 4X5.25 8X3.5INT No PS

1 x Zalman CNPS9500 LED Copper CPU Heat Sink 92MM Fan 1350-2600RPM 18-27.5DBA W/ Blue LED

1 x Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Dual Core Processor LGA775 Conroe 2.13GHZ 1066FSB 2MB Retail *Limit 1 / Cust*

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe ATX LGA775 975X DDR2 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA2 GBLAN Sound Motherboard

1 x Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400 2GB 2X1GB PC6400 DDR2-800 CL 5-5-5-12 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory

1 x Zalman ZM-F3 120MM Sleeve Bearing Case Fan Black 900/1800RPM 20/34DBA 3PIN Connector

1 x EVGA E-GEFORCE 7600 GT KO 580MHZ 256MB 128BIT 1.5GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV Out Video Card

1 x OCZ GameXStream 600W ATX12V 24PIN SLI Ready Active PFC ATX Power Supply 120MM Fan Black

They don't seem to have the case I wanted anymore so I might have to buy that elsewhere. From my best recollection of the case price this system would cost me ~$1488 CAD if I buy the parts by editing a Netlink system (parts seem to be more expensive at that site if bought individually).

What should I upgrade to get the cost up to $2000 CAD? Most specifically I am wondering what would make the most sense in terms of upgrading the RAM, GPU, and CPU from the parts I've listed.

make a membership at ncix to get their better pricing. shop around and find low prices because ncix does price matching right in the shopping cart...

and umm... get the x1900xt its less than $400

i can do a build for you... but wait a day or 2 for ncix to release their weekly specials... for $2K you'll get a sweet system!

I made a membership and then logged into my shopping cart that I had made pre-membership. I didn't notice my membership as having had any difference on the price.

Is there something I need to do to make that happen?

Also when I click on the "Price Match" button, nothing happens. I think it's due to how my IE is configured. I also tried using the "Price Match" button in Mozilla too and that also did nothing. Can you guys help me configure my browser so it works?

Would getting a better GPU be a better idea rather than an e6600 or RAM with lower timings?

after you sign in, then go look at the computer parts, then add them to cart, if you had already added them to your cart with the higher prices, it won't do anything. but RIGHT NOW is not a good time to look at parts because ncix hasn't had its weekly special prices yet.. so wait till like tomorrow.

as for the price match, you gotta input everything manually... if you find a price on a diff site, go 'price match' then put in the price, then the link to the product, then push ok.. (or w/e the button is)... it should have it..

i think for $2k you can have the e6600 AND a good GPU nad ram with lower timings.

when it comes to ram though, i find that www.anitec.ca has much better selection... as it seems to be the only place that has gskill ram.. so maybe buy the ram from there!

When I click on the red "Start Price Match Session" button all that happens is that the window reloads in exactly the same way that it already is. Ie: It's equivalent to as if I pressed the "Refresh" button in IE. I need help to change an IE setting that will make it work.

Also I noticed when I put all the individual parts into my cart I was paying a lot more than if I choose a pre-built system and then manually edited all those same exact parts into it.

Is that always what happens? Is there a method for how that's calculated?

i've actually found that the prebuilts at ncix were over priced!

ya i really don't know whats wrong with your ie settings...

ncix still hasn't released their weekly specials yet, hehe... just give it one more day! after that i'm pretty sure buying the individual parts will be cheaper...

just out of curiousity.. what type of monitor do you have?

i also would not recommend using your existing IDE hard drive.. and also you should get a dvd-rw and not use your cd-rw..

so ya umm... just wait one more day :p

aliasaid, I'd very much appreciate if you make that build for me when the specials come out. I probably won't know what day that is because I had subscribed to the flyer for a week or two already but from some reason my Inbox never seems to receive it. So if you could post your build in this thread once the specials come out that would be awesome.

I'm using an expensive LCD monitor that I had to exchange 3 times in the last 6 months just to get rid of a dead pixel, so I'm pretty much ok in the monitor department for now. Don't wanna go through that hassle again any time soon. :p If you wanna read that story, first post on page 2 here.

I hate dead pixels and sub-pixels!

How come you recommend not using my IDE hard drive?

i suggest getting a cheaper cpu i know the intel core 2 duos rock i would love one but amd woul be cheaper and u could get maybe 2 bfg 7900gt for sli i know that at future shop u can get em for 250 it seems a litle cheap but u get a large rebate there its not worth getting a cheaper 7600 and get a new hd drive the most comon botle necking today is caused by slow hd so i sugest a raptor if possible in there 2 and u and after that u could have a beastly system

I called NCIX today in regards to the case issue and was told they are no longer carrying any Aerocool cases once their current stock gets sold out.

I also asked them when their specials run and he told me normally they run starting on Wednesday til Tuesday.

Does that mean the specials started yesterday?

aliasaid, maybe your flyer didn't get emailed to you properly yesterday?

Or maybe he gave me wrong info about that?

Amd gt player said:
i suggest getting a cheaper cpu i know the intel core 2 duos rock i would love one but amd woul be cheaper
If he has the cash, then the Conroes are the way to go as they are alot better than the current AMD's plus you can overclock the **** out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom