What to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
I have 425 to spend. Right now I am using a ASUS P5N32-E SLI plus, 2G of Gskill RAM DDR2 800, and an Antec Smart Power 500w PSU.

I am looking at just upgrading. I was looking to get new MB and ram
like one of these
Newegg.com - ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
and some of this
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
and I plan on getting a 9000 series when they come out. Do I have enough power to OC these parts? Should I get a new PSU? if so, which one?

Or* instead of new RAM, should I keep my RAM, and get a new processor? like a q6600? I have a e6600 now. Or can I do a good OC of that?

Thanks ahead of time.

Nosboost told us that the P5n32 SLi plus have craptacular time overclocking Quad-cores, but they are great with Dual Cores

I just want upgrades. I am going to get a 9000 series in feb, and I want to OC.

So, should I buy a new mb? I just put one I was looking at. New ram? some that is better at OCing? A new processor? And for all that, or whatever I get, will I need a new PSU?

Nosboost told us that the P5n32 SLi plus have craptacular time overclocking Quad-cores, but they are great with Dual Cores
so should I keep my mb and OC my e6600? to try it out? if so, what should I upgrade?

Grab the ballistix and get a better psu. If you want a new MB, get a new MB. X38's aren't cheap. I'd wait alittle on it but thats just me.

what PSU should I get? I want to OC the ram I am gonna get, and my processor, and my graphics card when I get it in feb, how much power is necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom