What brand/type of 120mm fans are the quietest and most effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi all!

I recently purchased a computer case that permits the installation of seven 120mm fans. I am looking for a good price on a quantity of 120mm fans that are quiet, effective [specifically in the area of excellent fpm airflow], and long life [longevity].

Has anyone any good recommendations for me?

Thanks,

Soar

EDIT: I just looked more carefully and discovered that the two areas on the top of the case permit the 140mm fans. So, I am also interested in some good, quiet, effective 140mm fans as well.

Nexus Fans are my favorite "Silent" fans :D

Slay,

I checked their website out and they boast of the quietest fan in the world....wow!

"The Nexus 120mm Real Silent case fan produces only 18 dB(A)* measured in a chamber with 15 dB(A) background noise. We have compared this case fan with the quietest case fans available and we simply cannot find another one this quiet!"

Thanks,

Soar

I have 3 arctic cooling pwm fans in my case and they're pretty silent and keep things very cool (which, living in florida, is quite an accomplishment!). Things would get pretty expensive if you bought seven of them though.

One thing to understand about fan ratings is that manufacturers almost always lie about them.
They may technically measure a noise level of X - but only at some stupidly large distance, or inside a case which reduces the noise, etc.
Really, you want to look at an independent test where all the fans are tested exactly the same way.

One thing to understand about fan ratings is that manufacturers almost always lie about them.
They may technically measure a noise level of X - but only at some stupidly large distance, or inside a case which reduces the noise, etc.
Really, you want to look at an independent test where all the fans are tested exactly the same way.

Apok,

Wow, that was an eye opening post! Sure makes a lot of sense too....

Ok, now the million dollar question:

Has any company done an independent test in which all the fans were tested in exactly the same way?

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom