what is the best way for me to see ghosting in a monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just play a video, preferrably with high contrast and quick movement. If you see delayed imprints of shapes on your screen, that's ghosting.

Trust me though, if you had bad ghosting on your monitor, you'd know it.

Play an fps like Halo or CS. Find a certain object to look at like another player model. Start looking around really quickly. If you see after-images of whatever you're lookin for, that's ghosting.

o i see, thx u guys.

i converted 2 quicktime files, 2 trailers of SSBB, one from E3 2006 n the other from Nintendo World Tour, converted both to MPEG i believe on my SD card (have a card reader, read sig) n when i did this, both trailers gave me bad pictures with square shapes showing all over the place.

is this another way of seeing ghosting? If it is, how can i fix this? Because Nintendo Wii only takes motion JPEG (.mov) or MPEG.

I wouldn't call that ghosting at all with the conversions. Try another conversion program as "square shapes" should not be appearing in the picture at all.

bigstanklo said:
I wouldn't call that ghosting at all with the conversions. Try another conversion program as "square shapes" should not be appearing in the picture at all.

alright ill do that when i get to it. When i converted the quicktime file to MPEG, the file sized increased dramatically.

i was wondering if someone can take a screenshot of ghosting so i can get a clear 100% picture of how it looks.

Phrantic said:
Just play a video, preferrably with high contrast and quick movement. If you see delayed imprints of shapes on your screen, that's ghosting.

Trust me though, if you had bad ghosting on your monitor, you'd know it.

I saw an HD video in the Off Topic area, plus Apple has some, they'll show ghosting. Mine was a little flaky, but that's probably my video card.

yeah i dont think you are seeing ghosting.. i think bad conversion or i thought maybe is your vid card oc'd? but i doubt its that now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom