what is the best graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
KMOTE said:
eVGA 6600GT is better in every respect than eVGA 6800 (except memory interface) and its cheaper as well.

6600GT has 1000mhz / 128 bit memory interface
6800 has 700mhz / 256 bit memory interface.

The 6800 has far more memory bandwidth. 6800 beats it pretty easily.

So, an eVGA, BFG or Leadtek 6800 is the way to go, as long as it isnt an LE version :)

This has been posted more times than I can count. Do a search of TF please. They will all tell you to get the 6600 GT. I don't seem to have moderating power in this section now, otherwise I would close this thread.

stay away form the 6800 save some moo money and get a 6800GT!!!
pixel shader 3.0 and will be able to play Aftermath very well not sure if u can even play that game on pixel shader 2.0 but not sure.

if you can't afford the 6800GT than the 6800 will do great. because of the memory interface, larger memory bandwidth, and extra pipelines and vertex unit, it is much faster than a 6600GT.

timmer said:
stay away form the 6800 save some moo money and get a 6800GT!!!
pixel shader 3.0 and will be able to play Aftermath very well not sure if u can even play that game on pixel shader 2.0 but not sure.

The 6800 is soo much hardware diffence, and the same chipset must not include shader model 3 :rolleyes: AND, a 25% speed difference makes a HUGE difference.

What I said, was being sarcastic, the 6800 is fine, expisally when you can unlock it, so it's a GT with different memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom