what benefit would i get if i go from DDR2 800 to DDR2 1066?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

3GBs total, n no im not going to 64-bit, other wise my DOS games and MUGEN will not work indefinitely, MUGEN struggles on 32-bit Vista.

so anyhow, what benefit would if i upgrade from 800 to 1066 besides bigger bandwidth and higher speeds? In gaming? Applications? Etc?

just asking, im getting an idea if i want to upgrade my RAM so i can get good performance when i get the Phenom II 940.

yeah its not worth it stick with ur current ddr800. for gaming you prob wont even notice the faster loadings times, tighter timings seem to help alot more for that kinda thing, i doubt you would even notice the difference in apps or for that matter anything else anyway.

You could try running them in DOSBox

only 2 games dont work through DOSBox. I have versions 0.65, 0.70, n 0.72. Genewars and Dark Legions does not work underthese. I one point before i reinstalled Vista, i was able to work all the games no problem. Now i can only play Genewars on the Windows XP computer with no sound, Dark Legions i got rid of i think but kept the PDF manual required to start the game. All others work fine (Dune 2, Wolf 3D, Prince of Persia, Duke Nukem, Raptor: Call of the Shadows).

thing is, certain DOS games work on certain versions of DOSBox, which is why i have 3 of them. Genewars was suppose to work on 0.65, but it doesnt at all.

now to get back to topic, would it be a good idea to jump to DDR2 1066? I may not after all if there really isnt a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom