What is the average life-expectancy of a Dell Dimension 1100 desktop computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldfleming

Baseband Member
I have Dell Dimension 1100 desktop computer that is seven years old.

The computer is turned on 12 hours per day and is used on average three hours per day, mainly to send / receive emails, surf the web, use Word Office software and stream movies.

Last year it went very slow, but after a service and the insertion of an additional 1GB of RAM, it regained a reasonable level of performance. It now has I.25 GB of RAM.

My question is this. What is the average life-expectancy of this type of computer.

Sometimes Dell offers a trade-in deal in respect of old computers (provided that they are functional).

If I could estimate when my present computer was almost at the end of its life, I might be able to take advantage of such a deal.

I've seen machines older than your still running. But as for life cycle? That would depend on you. Do you feel it's time for a new machine? one that's faster, able to do more, etc...?

As for trade in... New computer technology comes out about every 18 months (give or take) so a computer that is that old will probably not get much, if anything at all. There are plenty of new/refurbished machines out now that are much faster than your current machine, and for not much money either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom