What 500-600W PSU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol well i decided with the silverstone strider 560W because of the efficiency difference and as and added plus its a bit more stable and may be quiter due to only 1 x 120mm fan. Also being more efficienant means that it will create less heat for my case, make less noise due to the fan not needing to expell as much heat and save me on my electrcity bill. As i'm not bothered about looks (well its not as if you look at the back of your case and go oooooo cool a matalic blue PSU with super LED's and i don't have a clear side window as my case don't have one and i'm sure some people like to go oooooo a cool PSU but thats just not me :p ) the hiper really didn't have anything I wanted except for maybe the modulation and the nicer price. But stablility and efficiency won it for me. :D I was considering the silverstone strider 600W which is modualted and has quad 12V rails. But alias it was less stable and 10% less efficienant than the 560W.

Anyway I can always tuck those cables by the sides of my bottom chamber :D . Love the P180 case everyone should get one :D

Thanks for the help guys :p

Ahem... i have the Hiper Type-R 580 Watt and ive owned several Enermax's, Siverstones and OCZ's, the Hiper is a fantastic PSU, and is really efficient. Id recommend you get the Hiper

Not "as" efficienant (your just sayin that cause you have one :p) its quite a big difference about an average of 10%. So thats say 10watts less energy wasted on heat. So say my electricity bill was £50 for my comp with a hiper in it would now be £40 so thats a £10 every electricity bill. So really its worth the extra expense. True the silverstone is not modulated but the P180 case has the seperate chamber for the PSU so i can jam that up with wires and i may get a little better overclocks due to the more stable rails.

Well yeah i guess but still the silverstone was more stable than the hiper. And also has the benfits of more efficeincy like quieter and stuff. Other than being marginly cheaper to run. I expect it would be more than a few pence proabably be more like a pound or summin. Cause from what i hear a average PSU gives off the same amount of wasted energy as a normal 50W light bulb does. So it would make more than a few pence but not as much as £10

btw 1 Kw (1000watts) = ~7p So £10 is WAY ott :p
Also the 2 fans on the Hiper = 18 db. Not loud at all.

Thats a good point but still its better cause your save the world and the voltages are more stable. And you'll be making less heat so less heat to go and raise the tempreture of the room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom