western digital raptor 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
would you guys recommend me getting a 10k raptor hdd there bit pricey tho just for a hard drive is it really worth it

well the extra bandwidth REALLY cuts loading times for windows, games & makes you everyones favourite person at LAN parties

if gaming is at the top of your priority list then yes you should buy the HDD or you could buy two 7200RPM drives and RAID 0 which is also quite good for performance. If you don't intend on playing a lot of games though, then just get a single 7200 drive of SATA stylings, pfffft IDE.

filocardhustler said:
if gaming is at the top of your priority list then yes you should buy the HDD or you could buy two 7200RPM drives and RAID 0 which is also quite good for performance. If you don't intend on playing a lot of games though, then just get a single 7200 drive of SATA stylings, pfffft IDE.
pffft IDE my ***, id still buy one if my IDE werent full

that's interesting because IDE really doesn't have anything over SATA as a cable, IDE is only cheaper by around 5-10 dollars.

sata cables just look cooler than IDE cables and sata cables arent as bulky...so like filo said, "pfffft IDE" :p

For the price of one Raptor you can buy two SATA Seagate Barracudas with NCQ and RAID0 them together.

The performance of them is pretty close to that of the Raptor, with about four times the storage.

If you get one of the SATA drives w/ 16mb cache you'll fly. You pay less than for the raptor and get more space. Speed will overall be the same, but i have both a 36gig raptor(10K) and a 250gig 16mb Western digital (7.2K), and they seem about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom