Western Digital 1TB hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they finally came out with the new model. Apparently that just came out since it wasn't seen in August when ordering for a new build here and looking over the largest then being the 750gb models.

Those run about $200 at the moment. Great! Now I can order one large drive over buying two 750s! :D

Ya, when I had my tv tuner setup and was catching all the M*A*S*H* ( laugh all you want :D ) I had taken up almost 40 gigs in 2 weeks. That and I had 92 gigs in my ripped dvd collection... 13 gigs of music and 7 gigs of pictures. not to mention all the games and such. I couldn't imagine what I would have taken up if I didn't have the bandwidth cap. :D A lot of torrents

When backing things up including mpeg IIs from video captures I saw about 420gb taken up immediately from the 465gb single partition on the second sata here fast. That took about a day after backing up from each of the other drives. Video takes about 60mb per minute depending on compression. The higher the better for that.

Besides large video files add scores of wavs, bmp files, jpgs from screen captures, software/hardware updates, etc. it doesn't take much to see how that can happen. A drive that size would be best for storage and backing things while keeping the OS host drive free of clutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom