Weird Sound - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-22-2015, 06:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
The Ghost
 
luke127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 838
Default Re: Weird Sound

Wow lmao it was the exact opposite of what Mega even said! XD Anyways, could try thread tools? You can't really "lock" a thread though, we just ignore it if the subject is closed
__________________

__________________
Yeah, I'm the boss 😂😂 FIGJAM 😂😂
luke127 is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 06:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: n/a
Posts: 2,956
Default Re: Weird Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verxon View Post
Ok guys thanks, its fixed, i got my friend who studied computer tech for 3 years to help me, he uninstalled the realtek drivers and only used the Nvidia sound drivers and it fixed the issue, thanks. Also how to close thread?
Ask your pal what realtek drivers are stable for you to use instead of nvidia.
Realtek

Show him the link and thread it'll help him understand better.

@Luk how is that funny to you again, how would you like it if the shoe was on the other foot and they did that to you ?

Doesn't look nice or cute does it, they prefer to have the final say on most topics here.
This is why I don't bother, care or even call them friends on here again. -_-
__________________

-RockMan- is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 01:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,506
Default Re: Weird Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verxon View Post
Ok guys thanks, its fixed, i got my friend who studied computer tech for 3 years to help me, he uninstalled the realtek drivers and only used the Nvidia sound drivers and it fixed the issue, thanks. Also how to close thread?
Glad to hear it was just a driver issue. Don't worry about locking it - the thread will die of it's own accord .

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke127 View Post
Wow lmao it was the exact opposite of what Mega even said! XD Anyways, could try thread tools? You can't really "lock" a thread though, we just ignore it if the subject is closed
Only Mods have permissions to lock threads - normal users don't have permissions to lock their own threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RockMan- View Post
@Luk how is that funny to you again, how would you like it if the shoe was on the other foot and they did that to you ?

Doesn't look nice or cute does it, they prefer to have the final say on most topics here.
This is why I don't bother, care or even call them friends on here again. -_-
There's a difference between "having the final say" on a topic, and actually giving out correct information (which is what we do). If you prefer, I can stop correcting your misinformation, and just edit the misinformation in your posts to include [CITATION NEEDED] tags like on Wiki .
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: n/a
Posts: 2,956
Default Re: Weird Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
There's a difference between "having the final say" on a topic, and actually giving out correct information (which is what we do). If you prefer, I can stop correcting your misinformation, and just edit the misinformation in your posts to include [CITATION NEEDED] tags like on Wiki .
No you won't touch anything that I type in my own words.
If I need to I'll seek the administration to prevent that problem and terminate you from modding.
Also no you won't correct me and let me do tech support my own way.
If you stop overweighting your opinion and advice on me and others like I asked you to do years ago.
We wouldn't be having this problem let alone a dispute out on public forums.
-RockMan- is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 04:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,506
Default Re: Weird Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RockMan- View Post
Also no you won't correct me and let me do tech support my own way.
If you post misinformation, I indeed will be correcting you. If you provide accurate info/help then there's no need for me (or others for that matter) to chime in .
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 06:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: n/a
Posts: 2,956
Default Re: Weird Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
If you post misinformation, I indeed will be correcting you.

No you won't, if info is wrong let the opt or user find that out on their own.
Do you see anyone else on staff overbearing their opinions on others constantly ?
Of course you don't, just leave well enough alone let people do their own support.

Otherwise expect more problems then you need currently.
-RockMan- is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,506
Default Re: Weird Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RockMan- View Post
No you won't, if info is wrong let the opt or user find that out on their own.
I'd rather TF keep a good reputation for not breaking users' systems, making their issues worse, or providing false info. Especially since it's our responsibility to assist users in the best possible way, providing correct info to those that are asking for help with problems.

Quote:
Do you see anyone else on staff overbearing their opinions on others constantly ?
Of course you don't, just leave well enough alone let people do their own support.
That's because not many of the other staff members post as frequently as I do in the various support threads .

Quote:
Otherwise expect more problems then you need currently.
Nice veiled threat.
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline  
Old 03-23-2015, 12:12 AM   #28 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,278
Default Re: Weird Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verxon View Post
Ok guys thanks, its fixed, i got my friend who studied computer tech for 3 years to help me, he uninstalled the realtek drivers and only used the Nvidia sound drivers and it fixed the issue, thanks. Also how to close thread?
So he did exactly as I said. If you're not using HDMI audio you aren't using Nvidia drivers. You're using the Windows drivers for your onboard sound meaning it was a software enhancement causing issues or a setting not right in the audio control panel. Both of which I mentioned.
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline  
Old 03-23-2015, 10:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
The Ghost
 
luke127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 838
Default Re: Weird Sound

As for if I was wrong Mega? I wouldn't have an issue with it, because I realise that Carnage and PP know a lot more than I do and I'd be more than happy to correct the information in my OWN knowledge for future reference. Have a nice day xD
__________________
Yeah, I'm the boss 😂😂 FIGJAM 😂😂
luke127 is offline  
Old 03-24-2015, 11:02 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: n/a
Posts: 2,956
Default Re: Weird Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
I'd rather TF keep a good reputation for not breaking users' systems, making their issues worse, or providing false info. Especially since it's our responsibility to assist users in the best possible way, providing correct info to those that are asking for help with problems.


That's because not many of the other staff members post as frequently as I do in the various support threads .



Nice veiled threat.
You sound backwords based on your statement and what your going to do forcefully on my behalf.

@Luk good luck then when the issue becomes your problem.
Maybe you'll understand what I've been saying when you go through the motions.
__________________

-RockMan- is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
computer, sound

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D-link G520 Wireless weird problemD-link G520 Wireless weird problem RaptorX Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 8 06-15-2008 08:23 AM
Strange sound problems Low Sound/Popping Sound/LOUD sound DavidJC Computer Audio and Multimedia 2 05-20-2008 08:13 PM
Weird beep sound every few sec DJboutit Microsoft Windows and Software 1 02-24-2005 04:50 PM
my sound is weird help deankenny Monitors, Printers and Peripherals 0 04-11-2004 06:52 AM
weird sound when playing C&C Generals rookie1010 Monitors, Printers and Peripherals 10 03-17-2004 11:26 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.