Weird, Coolermaster Paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Hey there, i got some new CoolerMaster Thermal Paste, just the 'Compound Kit' pack with the syringe and stuff. Anyway, it came with instructions but it goes against everything anyone has said. It comes with instructions like: '2. Choose the correct template for your ZIF socket...'. I want to put it on an LGA775 P4 3.8ghz. There is no correct template, then the pack came with a plastic spreader to smear the paste.

What im trying to say is, dont i just put a dot equal to that of a rice grain on the heat sink after washing the previous paste off with that special alcohol then im done??

Yeah i was reading that too, thanx, thats what confused me, should i go with what the manual on the pack says or what Arctic says... So 100% sure all i need to do is this:

1) Remove previous paste with some Isopropyl alcohol and a lint free cloth. (From both CPU and HSink)

2) Apply one dot of the paste onto CPU and re-attach heatsink.

3) Close up case, and let the 200 hour break in period commence. (Through general use.)

---
Is that 100% right?

well i personally would go with arctic because they only make paste, cooler master does alot more stuff AS just does this... but i'd go with the gut feeling

Well ive already purchased it and am looking at it right now. So unless someone says otherwise, im just gonna put a dot on the cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom