Waterpump d5

kidmo87

In Runtime
Hey everyone. I am looking to buy a ek d5 pump/res combo. But I dont really like the way the newer ones look, and the older ones are end of life.
The new ones have a circular bottom, but i want the one that is square at the bottom.
Could i buy these parts and put them together?
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-d5-pwm-g2-motor-12v-dc-pwm-pump-motor
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-res-x3-top-v2-multiport

EK D5 X-RES Top 140 - Acetal - Laing D5 / Swiftech MCP655-B/655/655-PWM - FrozenCPU.com

EK-RES X3 - Tube 250 (204mm) by EK Waterblocks (Clear color)

Thanks

Attachments

• xres-revo-d5_pwm-110-_incl-pump_pwm_800_2.jpg
    xres-revo-d5_pwm-110-_incl-pump_pwm_800_2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 17
  • ek-d5-x-res100csqp-2_800_1_1.jpg
    ek-d5-x-res100csqp-2_800_1_1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What case do you have? The circular ones are made so you can mount them on the motherboard tray or back rather than on the bottom of the case.

Those cases are made to have the res mounted on the tray perpendicular to the motherboard. With a case like that it'd make more sense to have a large res mounted and the pump in the under carriage with the rad/rads. This setup allows for a bigger pump for better head pressure so you can add more to the loop later like dual 560/480 rads.

Yes, thats what I am planning on doing. Im going to use a pump/res combo. And I want the res to be bigger than the biggest one they have, so I am getting an aftermarket res that is compatible. The first picture is just the housing I think.

That doesn't make much sense. What I was saying would make them both separate meaning one or two large res up top and a big pump completely separate on the bottom. Combos are only really good for small cases or a small loop. Even with my tiny case I have a separated combo.

By bigger I don't mean physically, but for simplification let's go back to the OP and go from there.

Firstly, you said you want to put them together, as in keep them a combo. The newer pump (circular) has more head pressure and flow rate than the older CSQ style block pump. The point I was making was don't put them together if you're going to get that case. Get the better pump (round) and separate the pump and res. So standalone X3 EK res and Revo D5 pump. Grab yourself a bracket for the pump too. Hide the pump in the bottom area and the aesthetics will never matter.

What exactly kind of loop do you plan to do? When you do water, plan ahead not for the immediate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom