water cooling setup. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default water cooling setup.

hey all, just wondering if this is a good setup. I've talked with aspire a lot and got a good idea of what's going on with it, and am just looking for some help with this. I'm going for mostly looks on this so far and here's what I've come up with.

Radiator: Thermaltake Aqua TMG1 Radiator CL-W0072: CrazyPC Computers
Reservoir: Logisys IceBox 5.25 Clear Dual Bay Reservoir: CrazyPC Computers
Pump: Thermaltake P500 Water Pump CL-W0132: CrazyPC Computers
CPU Block: Thermalright XWB-1 CPU Water Block: CrazyPC Computers
GPU Block: Swiftech MCW60-R Extreme Duty VGA Water Block: CrazyPC Computers

Now what I need is how much tubing I should get, and all the extra's like fitting, clamps and anything else I might need and have looked over. Also I'm ordering from crazypc only because there's other stuff that I want to get and it would be nice to just get it all together at the same time. So if you have something different if you could find it on that site that would be good.

also with the rad what I'm going to do is put it on the top slot and cut a hole in the top of my case so the fan can blow the air out the top.

Also this setup with out any tubing or accessories is 207, which is cheaper then most pre-made setups that have a cpu and gpu block. unless you can find me one that has cpu and gpu blocks for cheaper then what I have made so far..

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: water cooling setup.

Subscribing. I might look into water cooling if i decide to keep my GX2 setup.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Where the **** did you find all these parts?!?!?

I told you to buy from petras because they only stock stuff worth buying.

In short,

Pump-Garbage
CPU Block-Garbage
Radiator-Garbage
Reservoir-Garbage
GPU Bock-At least you listened to me on that.

Hit me up on aim in like half an hour once I get home and I'll tell you what to buy.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 04-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

i figured you were just kinda pushing petra's cause you knew the people there personally. also I was looking on that site and they had stuff that looked good, so I figured that some of the stuff looked good and was from reputable vendors so it wouldn't be uber ******.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to gurusan

1 vote here for the ek supreme plexi. looks great and performs very well
|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
Old 04-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Apparently he's going to get a quad soon, and that means D-tek fuzion with the quad nozzle kit.

Thanks!

Old 04-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
cuPWNED

Send a message via AIM to commandercup Send a message via MSN to commandercup

wowzor peter... jeeze almost made a big mistake ordering that crap...

not to mention half of that stuff isn't compatable with each other... the waterblock for the CPU has 1/2" barbs standard and some of the other stuff has 1/4" or 3/8" barbs... (sure you can change them.. but...)

for a second there, I though aspire was stoned since you mentioned that he helpd you pick that stuff out...

thermaltake water cooling stuff... lol!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Idealist Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandercup View Post
wowzor peter... jeeze almost made a big mistake ordering that crap...

not to mention half of that stuff isn't compatable with each other... the waterblock for the CPU has 1/2" barbs standard and some of the other stuff has 1/4" or 3/8" barbs... (sure you can change them.. but...)

for a second there, I though aspire was stoned since you mentioned that he helpd you pick that stuff out...

thermaltake water cooling stuff... lol!
At least he didn't intend to fill his case with water and tape it closed. With some ice cubes for cooling of course. That would definitely not work.

Also almost never will someone recommend you a place to buy something on this forum because they know someone who works there -_-. Unless THEY work there...
Old 04-11-2008, 12:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
TY, May I have another?

lol, Petra's is a great online shop that is recommended by most people who know a thing about modding/water cooling, they also sell great pre built setups, also you shouldn't buy Thermaltake from what I hear cause they corrode easily. Also a plus for Petra's is their customer service is UBER OWNG! I ordered a fan that they hadn't updated to be out of stock, and they called me wanted to upgraded me to a better fan for my troubles instead! they are just GREATT!!!
EVGA 680i
Lian Li Pc-A05
TRUE Black Edition, lapped to almost mirror finish.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

I never recommended any of the crappy stuff. I told him to go to petras and get good parts the only thing he kept that I told him to buy was the mcw60...

Thanks!

Closed Thread