Water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozinga

Baseband Member
Hi,

I'm considering upgrading my cooling system to water cooling, but i've never fitted water cooling before so i'm a bit lost at what to buy. I want a quiet system, but a system that can overclock as well, currently my C2D E6600 works stable on 3.0ghz on stock cooling soI would want similar performance, I would also like to cool my XFX 8800GTS. Also, is there anyway to get rid of all the case fans, or maybe just leaving the harddrive fan?

Thanks in advance.
PS, i'm open to any price reccomendations as long as it's not uber expensve.

water cooling is going to be "uber" expensive for the most part. you can get rid of all your case fans if you link the water cooling system to everything. chipset, cpu, vid card, memory, hdd, etc. doing this will be in the 350-400 range for a good set up. to just do cpu and vid card prob 150-200 for something thats going to do a good job.

Im not going to recommend anything because i dont feel like dealing with flame wars in this place.

well not many people have water or phase cooling on tech forums, considering you dont have uber expensive parts I would stick with air, HR-03 Plus maybe?

You might want to check out, Petra's water cooling kits. I hear they're pretty good.
Petra's Tech Shop

If you're a beginner at this stuff, you might want to consider, just the best air cooling. Like getting quieter case fans, or the best heatsink for your CPU. Such as the Tuniq 120 or the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme.

well not many people have water or phase cooling on tech forums, considering you dont have uber expensive parts I would stick with air, HR-03 Plus maybe?
I've ordered a Thermalright HR-03 Plus for my 8800 GTS 320MB card. I haven't got it yet, but it apparently performs better than the stock Nvidia cooler even without a fan.

I have a watercooling system for my CPU, aswell.
It keeps my Athlon 64 X2 6000+ to 21ºC on idle @ 3GHZ

But I am in the process of getting things ready to upgrade my case and watercooling system
I'm waiting for the Lian-Li PC-A70 case to be available in Australia, and I'll most likely get a Thermochill PA120.3 radiator (for 3 x 120mm fans)

Hopefully, my load temps for the 6000+ will drop more so I can get it 100% stable at 3.5GHZ
And it'll be great for a Phenom X4.

i've heard the thermalright kits are crap.

im gonna get the danger den with the 8800 cooling block close to christmas.

I will be trying out phase cooling once I have saved up. Just want to see how far I can really push my computer.

BTW, someone here recommended Petra's. It's a very good suggestion. If you have the money and the patience to set up a water cooling system, go for it. Just be careful with the installation. Test and retest.

I will be trying out phase cooling once I have saved up. Just want to see how far I can really push my computer.

BTW, someone here recommended Petra's. It's a very good suggestion. If you have the money and the patience to set up a water cooling system, go for it. Just be careful with the installation. Test and retest.

What are you planning on OCing, with phase change?

Petras is a great place to get water cooling parts. I stopped by their shop last week to pick up some cathodes that I installed in my car... :-D

Anywho, what case do you have? DO you want the radiator mounted internally or externally, You want to cool your cpu and gfx with water correct.

Once you tell me that I can help you put together a kit based on your price point.

-aspire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom