Watching online TV in relative comfort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph7

Beta member
Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction about finding a all-in-one PC to watch TV online from my armchair? I have made this drawing to demonstrate what I mean: art.com artPad
Thanks in advance.:)

Just about any newer laptop or desktop will do the job... hook up either a DVI or VGA cable from the machine to your TV and you can watch your media from the system to your TV. Now if you want to watch TV shows streamed through your computer, then you'll have to find a program that will do it... Something like this:

Download Stream TV 4.70 Free Trial - Lets you browse many free live and pre-recorded TV channels - Softpedia

this is only one of many that can be found.. I Googled TV stream program to find many free and shareware programs...

Thanks Nukem, the links you provided are useful, but I would need a wireless remote controlled keyboard/mousepad to be able to move around the livingroom properly without tripping over any wires: do these exist?

I would go with this keyboard... it has a built in touchpad so you don't have to worry about a mouse.

Newegg.com - ADESSO WKB-4000US 2-Tone 88 Normal Keys USB RF Wireless Mini Keyboard - Keyboards

if your going for the HTPC (Home Theater PC) setup, then you might want to get a computer with a TV tuner like JohnN suggested. You can plug in your cable right into it and call it a day... but I misunderstood your drawing... Do you already HAVE the computer?? and just need the setup part, or are you starting from scratch? What's your budget, if your starting out? Do you want to build and amchine or buy one? some of those questions will help us figure out what you need to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom