Warning about OEM Operating systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
now newegg finally starts putting this warning out on all Vista OEM OS products

Disclaimer: This OEM software is intended for system builders only and cannot be transferred to another PC once it is installed. The purchaser of this software is required to comply with the terms of the System Builder license, including the responsibility of providing all end user support for the software. Microsoft Corporation oem/sblicense/default.mspx

I guess this basically means once you install it, its tied to that mobo forever. Which REALLY sucks if the mobo happens to later become defective or you want to change the OS to another mobo, or you simply want to use your OS on your next computer. Real bummer...could Microsoft get any worst? I wonder if its like this for XP OEM as well...

I know someone that changed motherboards on his Vista and reinstalled fine. Or he changed it so it would work.

BTW I bought Vista OEM.

There isn't a problem reinstalling Windows Vista or XP again should you experience hardware failure. That is stupid if it is in fact "illegal" to buy a new license for Windows just because we replaced a main piece of hardware such as a hard drive or motherboard. You can argue this in court and you will win. It's just to warn people that it can't be distributed on mulitple PCs.

not new...they post it there for less than bright people who don't read things...

oem licenses are different from retail...you buy what you buy. Meaning, you buy OEM for a specific reason, hence why they are actually different...etc.

some people need to educate themselves on things...sadly, many don't like to.

i had this warning after i brought it whihc really peeped me off i think i have installed it about 5 or 6 times n maybe on my dads pc

If I were to do a major upgrade to my PC (like new motherboard, hard drive, CPU, etc.), do you think I would have to buy a new Windows Vista license? It's technically for the same PC....just different parts to replace the old ones.

they say u do but i didnt for my xp, u can alway ring them up an activate it over phone

I'll probably just make up an excuse and say, "uh...well....my motherboard died so I had to get a new one. When I start my PC, it didn't work properly so I reinstalled Windows."

no that wouldnt work i dont think, they not covered for hardware changes like mobo for example, there was a big topic on this not so long ago on ere search it at the top. try something like ur dog ate ur serial number lol oj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom