Wanting a High Performance Gaming Computer On A Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! thanks for all your responses!! I really Appreciate it!

jfenwick-Thanks for your huge paragraph response im going to check out canada computers right now. And i really like that mouse. Played with it once, and my hand was in heaven. :p But the only problem with Canada Computers is alot of this stuff is only for "In Store Pick Ups" And im from Saskatchewan and i'm not going to drive all the way there to save 100$ on a computer build, it will cost more to drive there and drive back! with the way the gas prices are!

vernong1992-With that motherboard will it be able to run on a Quad CPU and unleash its full potential? At least it lowers the price some!

About the Killer NIC being a gimmick thats false. Does it do what it says, yes. Does it lower your latency, yes. Is it somewhat exaggerated, yes. No it is not worth it in a medium priced build, but if your going all out 2k+ its something to look at.

Wow! thanks for all your responses!! I really Appreciate it!

jfenwick-Thanks for your huge paragraph response im going to check out canada computers right now. And i really like that mouse. Played with it once, and my hand was in heaven. :p But the only problem with Canada Computers is alot of this stuff is only for "In Store Pick Ups" And im from Saskatchewan and i'm not going to drive all the way there to save 100$ on a computer build, it will cost more to drive there and drive back! with the way the gas prices are!

vernong1992-With that motherboard will it be able to run on a Quad CPU and unleash its full potential? At least it lowers the price some!

which board???

are u talking the p35-ds3r?

ya those boards were made my Intel to work with their newer CPU's, and supports really high FSB's not to mention they're really cheap.... go pick up one of em bad boys...

which board???

are u talking the p35-ds3r?

ya those boards were made my Intel to work with their newer CPU's, and supports really high FSB's not to mention they're really cheap.... go pick up one of em bad boys...

Yes, I'm talking about the P35, So the intel Quad core would work with it, but i have one more question, Is the power supply enough? With the case i have picked out?

And for the killer interface board, I'm thinking I'm going to pass on it now, since people say it doesn't do that much, it's not worth the $200.

Thanks again for all your replies! You are very very helpful.

Edit:
If anyone has a suggestion for a better case, just tell me. Can it please be at NCIX?

THanks!

Builders Commandments:
1. Thou shall build thy own desktop
2. Thou shall not splurge an unnecessarily huge amount of cash, on one's build.
3. Thou shall not skimp on thy power supply.
4. Thou shall maintain one's computer clean and at cool temperatures.
5. Thou shall handle one's computer with care.
6. Thou shall always overclock and not fear to overclock.
7. Thou shall not covet thy fellow techie's computer.
8. Thou shall not bear false witness about thou's own computer. (Khan!!!)
9. Thou shall not use force when installing components, when components fit in one way.
10. Thou shall always install the latest drivers and updates.

thou shalt not skimp on the PSU, never, i mean never get a case PSU, dont ever use it!!! ever!!

Thank you again! I've never heard that before, so i think you just saved me, breaking or frying some of my stuff. Thanks.

I've been reading around and i've heard alot of talk about the 8800 GTX, is it worth the extra money, to upgrade to that or just stick with a 8800 GTS?

And if i get this case, NCIX.com - Buy Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower Gamer Case 900 ATX 9 Drive Bay No PS Top USB2.0 1394 Audio - NINE HUNDRED In Canada. I will get the P35 mother board around $15 cheaper. So, then i have to buy the power supply, NCIX.com - Buy Corsair CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX 12V 33A 24PIN ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan - CMPSU-450VX In Canada. What do you guys think? I'm sorry if I'm asking so many questions, this is all pretty new to me. I'm use to having my brother do all the computer things.. But he's getting lazy, so It's my turn to learn.

Thanks again.

P.S. What should i do with the power supply that comes with the computer case?

Farmboy said:
P.S. What should i do with the power supply that comes with the computer case?

lol...I would just keep in the closet, for an absolute last resort. Well if it were me, I would just throw it out. Or give it to some poor n00b.

The the Antec 900, P35-DS3R, and Corsair 450VX is a winning combination.

The 8800GTX is worth it, if you can afford it. If you're tight on the budget, just stick with the GTS and upgrade to a mid-range 9 series, later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom