Wanting a High Performance Gaming Computer On A Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you really want vista??? I would reccomend xp as its less hassle but if you REALLY want vista then its upto you we can accommodate that into a build.

I am not Canadian so this build might ot be completely accurate to your budget but it should be around that price:

mobo: msi platinum
ram: 2x1gb if going with xp, if vista then 2x2gb of a good brand ddr2 6400 (800mhz) good brands are: Geil, Corsair, G-skill, kingston, OCZ and Crucial
cpu: e6750
gfx: 8800gtx the ULTRA is a waste of cash as its the best card it is completely overpriced. The 8800gtx is the 2nd best and can play any game out at the highest settings
Psu: 520hx Corsair
optical drive: any named brand
case: Antec 900 has great stock cooling unless you want to cut back your hardware a bit and have it watercooled???
cpu cooler: artic freezer 7 or tuniq tower 120
keyboard: any you don't want wireless it lags in gaming
mouse: Razor copperhead
speakers: logitech whichever fits in the price at the end they're all good speaker sets
monitor: a samsung, dell or my personal favourite the Viewsonic X series

Why would you want an interface card???

First off, I also HATE Vista, HOWEVER! Did you know that with vista you can take any flash drive (like your good ole 2 gig flash drive) pop it into a computer with Vista and turn that flash drives space (the 2 gigs) into PHYSICAL RAM!? you can pop in two, to your old 1gb ram comp and turn it into 5GIGS! which is amazing when you think about the fact that you can buy a 2 gig flash at walmart for 20 bucks. lol. beat "that" for kool!.... However I still hate Vista.... grrr.. Vista.... grr........

Ok, sweet THANKS, i just saved $50.

For a monitor, I'm looking at a 20"-22"

I've picked out this

NCIX.com - Buy Acer AL2216WBD 22IN Widescreen LCD Monitor Black 1680X1050 700:1 5MS VGA DVI-D Monitor - ET.2216B.0D0 In Canada.

But i found it cheaper and a price match was made so i got it for $20 cheaper.

And for a DVD drive? What about this?

NCIX.com - Buy Samsung SH-S182 DVD+RW 18X8X16 DVD-RW 18X6X16 DL-8X DVD Writer IDE Lightscribe Black OEM W/ Software - SH-S182M/BEBN In Canada.

I think i've asked almost every question a person could ask now.

Thanks for your help... There isn't a way i can thank you enough without giving you any money or things =)

we do this kind of thing everyday, well b1gapl and i do anyways :)

First off, I also HATE Vista, HOWEVER! Did you know that with vista you can take any flash drive (like your good ole 2 gig flash drive) pop it into a computer with Vista and turn that flash drives space (the 2 gigs) into PHYSICAL RAM!? you can pop in two, to your old 1gb ram comp and turn it into 5GIGS! which is amazing when you think about the fact that you can buy a 2 gig flash at walmart for 20 bucks. lol. beat "that" for kool!....
I have a 4GB card from my psp?

quick off topic question.
Whats the max ram vista 32 bit can support?

4GB is meant for Vista 64 bit correct? so im assuming 3GB is 32 Vista's max support.... Dont take my word for it though.. im still learning..

since i have to 2gb at the moment...i can buy a 1gb flash drive and use it as ram? is that correct.
And if so, how to use it as ram? do i have to install anything

pl33ze dont tell me that you bought that already. You would be better off with a S-ATA Drive, much better airflow and convenience.

I haven't I'm still in the making sure that all of the things i have in the build are acceptable.

What drive would you recommend? Please provide a link so i can see it also.

THanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom