Want Tough, Small, Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed_climber

Baseband Member
My parents have been kinda enough to offer to buy me a laptop for school and I havn't decided on which one yet. I dont really need one with a super speedy processor and videocard, as its going to be mostly for word processing. The main requirements that I have is that I want it to have a full size keyboard, but be as small as possible and be really durable as I would be moving it around alot. I would want a mobile processor with I long battery life. Any ideas?

Thanks alot,

Scotty

I hate dell with a deep firey passion deep within my bowels. My dad had a dell laptop and it overheated and fried the videocard. We had to send it in 3 times for them to fix the problem. I told them right away on the phone that it was the videocard and they made be go through all these steps to make sure and by the end they said that they still weren't sure so I would have to send it in to find out. After I sent it in they sent it back to be saying they tested it and it worked fine, when it clearly didn't work fine. In games all the shadows were screwed, textures were screwed and it crashed and shuttered. Anyways I talked to dells support 2 more times and sent it in 2 more times before they finally replaced....guess what? THE VIDEO CARD and Bam it worked.

I saw a (Large, Tough, Laptop) a few weeks ago ont he discovery channel. Let me see if I can find it... hold on.

Ah crap, I can't find it...

But, they ran it over several times with a HUMVEE. Dropped it from a 4th story Dorm window, Buried it in athe sand at a beach... spilt a huge slurpy on the keyboard.. and tons of other tests... It was a total mess why they were done with it, but it booted and ran just fine.

I do remember it have god aweful components inside though... And it was over $4000.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom