Want to buy a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
the deceived said:
Hey vaderpro, I just had a quick look on Newegg, and well here is what I came to:

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Shopping/Shoppingcart.asp?DEPA=0&submit=view

Three problems:

1. They didn't have an Antec True Power 2 550W, so I went with the OCZ Powerstream 520W (roughly the same)
2. They didn't have the speakers you listed, so I went with some of the same spec
3. They didn't seem to have the Nero Ahead 6.3 Suite.

As you can see, you get all that for more money. Compare that to Maonarch Computers, and it's an easy decision to make. Monarch Computers win out easy as it's cheaper, the PC comes built, and you get a 6 month warranty with it.

Hope that helps!

Well there ya go, nice work buddy! I thought their prices were lookin good today....from now on all recommendations to monarch!

I mean the 7800gtx/bf2 is $529 at newegg and $490 from monarch....wow.

Oh that link didnt work, they never do, u have to copy and paste it or whatever...

Also you could probably pay for more warranty, but if it dont break in 6 mo its probaly not going to..

Cheers!

Oh right, apologies about that. It worked when I submitted the post :S Well it costs around $100-$150 more buying from Newegg, and like I said, you don't get any warranty for the full PC and it doesn't come built :)

I agree, Monarch are the way forward for customer built PCs :)

aexin said:
But how can I make sure my money is being put to good use? I'm skeptical about giving people i dont know money. Anyone know of some book I could about that talks about how to build computers?

I know exactly how you feel about that. I would be sleptical also. Read up on some of those sites, and you could list which components you wanted, and you could order them and have someone else could build it. But then you probably are worrying about them running off with free stuff. It's hard to trust ppl on the internet.

If you would like a good book on building you own PC, just go to your local bookstore. They will most likely have a decent selection of this type of book.

yeh i got 1 a few weeks ago, its helps a bit but its not perfect and a little out of date but it provides the basics for building a DIY computer, its called "Building a Computer in Easy Steps" or sumtin along the lines of that

It comes with 3 case fans. U dont need to order "extra" ones, thats what u saw. Ah, this is such a nice case....

Manufacturer Part Number: P180

The P180 is truly a revolutionary breakthrough in case design. Dual chambers isolate the power supply and CPU into separate cooling zones with up to 5 configurable fans. Three-layer sound-deadening panels dampen noise even in very high-performance systems. Ease-of-use, sleek design and AntecÂ’s reputation for quality make the P180 worthy of being the first in a new category we call the Advanced Super Mid Tower.
Features:

* Unique upper and lower chamber structure The power supply resides in a separate chamber to isolate heat from the system and lower system noise
* Innovative three-layer side panel (aluminum, plastic, aluminum) dampens system generated noise, making this one of the quietest cases available
* Cooling System:
- 1 rear 120mm Tricool fan (standard) with 3-speed control to balance quiet with cooling
- 1 top (standard) 120mm TriCool Fan
- 1 lower chamber (standard) 120mm x 38mm (thick) TriCool Fan
- Antec Quiet Computing Air Duct for better, quiet cooling of the graphics card
- 1 front (optional) 120mm fan
- 1 80mm fan (optional) for graphics cards
* 11 Drive Bays:
- 4 x 5.25" external drive bays
- 1 x 3.5" external drive bays
- 6 x 3.5" internal drive bays
* Front mounted USB, IEEE 1394 (FireWire®,i.Link®) & Audio ports
* Double hinge door design: allows the door to open up to 270º
* Material: 0.8mm cold rolled steel for durability through the majority of chassis, 1.0mm cold rolled steel around the 4x HDD area.
* Built-in washable air filter keeps harmful dust out of your case

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100998

So are you going with this system??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom