wanna wipe the smiles off my friends faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

compternerd

Solid State Member
ok i have just got into high performance pcs latley, but i have a semi good income, (im only 15) and i would like to build a highpreformance pc that would wipe the smiles off my friends faces (they all come from pretty wealthy families where their parents buy em almost ne thing they want) at LAN parties. :p so lets say i have 1000$ to spend and the looks play a VERY important role in this build so give me your ideas and YES this will be a 100% gaming machine (mostly counterstrike)so lets hear your ideas!!!

I can run counterstrike source on my 19inch LCD with the highest resolution and all the settings to highest with a cheap BFG 6600GT that is overclocked slightly. So you don't need to go crazy on the video card.

My suggestion:

-Dual-Core Opteron Processor in your budget.(300-800)
-EVga Mobo/7800GT combo ($400-)
-OCZ Ram 1-2GB (depending on your budget)(120-300 dollars)
-Antec TruePower 2.0 PSU (80 dollars?)
-SataII HD (80-200 dollars)
-Any case you like (50-120 dollars)
-Some old Optical drives and a floppy will give you a complete computer.

Total price is around 1000 depending on what other accesories you want to add.

I am around lots of rich kids too, my system right now, can outperform any of theirs, then there are those guys who compare their Macs with my computer :/, its kinda hard telling them that they're comparing a Ferrari against a Nsx.

Lol Ferrari against Nsx.
Anyways i have the same problem sometimes too. Basicaly what he said and get a cool case and get some cathodes or LED fans and a window. Bout all you need. The performance will say the rest.

If you want suggestions to cases, then there are quite a lot of that in this forum, just do a search.

If you want lighting, go with Cold Cathode, normal neons wont give you that UV effect. If you are going with a clear window, go pick up a can of UV reactive paint, and paint that on your window, that would give it a really nice effect. But if you don't want to go crazy with that stuff, then you can just leave it the way it is.

Its not hard to put a cathode on. Just if you do get a UV one make sure you get a DFI board so it stands out. To noobs there is nothing cooler than a glowing mobo.

Get DFI because it has a pretty color? LOLZ

Get a DFI or an ASUS but just don't get them for the color please.

DFI UT NF4 ultra-D
UV cold cathode light
Couple of light up case fans
antec truepower 480W power supply
eVGA 7800GT or 6800GS
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ or Opteron 165 or X2 3800+ whichever you can fit in your budget
Aspire case, with all the cool flashy stuff :D

Well, if you're 15 and have a "semi good" income, i'd assume that would mean that you work to generate your income? Mom and Dad, don't just give it to you?

If this is true, that alone should wipe the smiles off of your friends faces. You're actually developing a very important aspect of life at an early age. Nothing in this world is free. When you actually have to pay for it, you develop a much better appreciation for what you have.

You're friends whom get everything from "Mommy & Daddy" won't get the same satisfaction from you're $1000 purchase. So it will be very hard to impress them. So don't focus on what you "buy" to impress them. IF you're working to pay for the things you want, then that's more impressive any anything you could ever buy at 15.

and yea i am working at a local carwash and im the only one of my friends with a job

thanks for the kind words havok2k5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom