Wanna build a cheap lil pwn Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poemaster

In Runtime
I wanna build a bare minimum computer designed to play Warcraft 3 Counter-strike 1.6/CZ just alot of old gen games

hrmm don't needa spend too much money to do that...

grab an am2
cheapy am2 micro atx mobo w/ a pci-e slot
3800x2
8600 or even 7600 gt.. will keep you playing a few new games as well for cheap
1 gb of any ddr2 667 value ram
i dunno.. crappy hard drive.. 160 gig or something like that?

i dunno. i'm just blurting.. chcek out newegg.com for everything i said.. lol

Case - Rosewill R604-P BK
Motherboard - Biostar TForce TF7025
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2GHz
RAM - 1GB G. Skill DDR2-800 NR
Graphic Card - Sapphire X1900GT 256MB
Power Supply - FSP (Fortron Source) 400W
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 80GB
Optical Drive - ASUS DVD-ROM Drive
Case fans - Cooler Master 120mm (2 Pack)

Total is $421.92 w/o shipping.

I would of suggested the X2 4000+, but it as out of stock.

that and the open box is 115$...

nice build as usual...

Spend an extra few bucks and get the cheapy dual core.
Newegg.com - Intel Dual-Core E2160 Allendale 1.8GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
then pick a board from here that fits what you want.
Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

This will let you a 3ghz dual core intel that should be able to run even somewhat newer games fairly well. I'm going to go with something similar for my home theatre pc because i just dont think my old amd 2800 with 1gb of pc 2100 memory is going to be able to run vista well enough for my liking.

Well I would like to go as small as possible on the case y'kno good for transportation, or maybe not even have a conventional case? perhaps make my own

then itx my freind is the form factor for you and I can certainly help you with planning your build for one of them :) although it will be pricier then the above larger systems but the size and potability can't be matched. First off decide how small??? mini-itx is the most functional size but is larger then nano-itx heres a pic

Form_Factor_comparison_H.jpg

btw I wouldn't reccomend pico-itx although very very very cool and brag worthy it has very limited specs and may even struggle to play those old gen games

and for perspective terms this is a pico board:
PX_45Card_H.jpg

hah ITX? seems a bit goofy the biggest board only has a PCI slot not even AGP, Seems a bit weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom