Waiting on Geforce 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Hello all I'm interested in getting a Geforce 8 GTX for my future system. However the price right now seems way too high ( $600+ ) and I heard that the new Ati video card the R600 is coming out in a couple of months and was wondering if there was a good possibility for a price drop for in the next 3-4 months?

The main reason why I'm interested in the geforce 8 instead of a 7 is that it is a Direct x10 card, and hopefully the fact that it won't be the best you can get when the R600 comes out will lower the price.

I would at least hold off until ATI makes a release and we see another card or two from nVidia, you will see much more reasonable prices most likely since there will be actual competition.

Everybody wants to get directx10 cards when theres no games to use it in. Just wait, the prices will drop massively.

ricanflow said:
Everybody wants to get directx10 cards when theres no games to use it in. Just wait, the prices will drop massively.

Amen... And wait first to see what kind of card you even NEED to run at the setting you'd like. I mean DX10 at 10x7 and no AA sounds like crap to me = 8300 :p just wait to see what you need to run it. The games aren't going to jump on the market any time soon, and they sure as **** won't go away.

hrmmm flight simulator 10 is here!!!!!!

and huh.. i dont' think a dx 10 game is coming out until july i think it was??? that is if bioshock will run in dx10...

and crysis i read at ebgames isnt due for september

>>Just wait for 8600ultra, it is going to cost only $179

I don't like low end cards of series since they usually seem severely stripped down of critical components. The first DX 10 game I believe that is coming out is Supreme commander come feb, although it can do DX 9 with reduced features.

DIng ding ding ding! One of the biggest reasons I just got a new comp is for that game = )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom