wait or upgrade now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot the most important part....power supply...

I would suggest the Corsair 550VX. Can power any system, and then some, for future upgrades.

this is what everybody is doing... atleast on the forum anyways.... they wanna build now and upgrade... and doing this will let you do both:

e2180 (this holds people for a while because of its overclocking ability)
p35-ds3l
crucial ballistix 2gb Kit ddr2-800
Corsair 520 or 550
some case (choose to your liking)
320GB Seagate Barracuda (change this to your liking)
2900pro or gts (your choice again)

and then upgrade to a 45nm Yorkfield

umm.... no i didn't, even tho i usually forget it, I didn't this time, WOOT!!!

oh...man...I'm losing it. I was thinking of those Corsairs as something else.

^ meh i'm losing it too... i just thought of Corsair being a hair dryer (thats Conair) and Sunbeam Coffee Machines as the Sunbeamtech

The thing about building NOW is you'll be right at the prime buy time. Prices are low because they've been out long enough to have multiple cuts, and performance parts will last you quite a while.

If you're waiting for the penryns, you'll be spending more money then you would be now on newer stuff.

What I'd do it build a good system now and then just get a cheap proc like the E2180. I hear they overclock nice to so it would hold you over...

The thing about building NOW is you'll be right at the prime buy time. Prices are low because they've been out long enough to have multiple cuts, and performance parts will last you quite a while.

If you're waiting for the penryns, you'll be spending more money then you would be now on newer stuff.

What I'd do it build a good system now and then just get a cheap proc like the E2180. I hear they overclock nice to so it would hold you over...
i'm in this situation, i really don't want to spend $75 for a e2140 just for 2 months?
if i did where/how would i sell it you think?

well, the games i play would run perfectly on the Q6600 and i've been waiting for months for things to get cheap...i'll probably build now and just oc the proc a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom