To Wait or not to wait? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
 
b1gapl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 13,044
Default Re: To Wait or not to wait?

The Cool labs is only worth it, if you don't upgrade your system often, because I heard it's pretty hard to clean up, since it solidifies. AS5 or MX-1 is the way to go.
__________________

__________________


3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 09:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
baron5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,984
Default Re: To Wait or not to wait?

bit or work never hurt ne one. and if it takes wateva to get that lil lower temps then im all for it
__________________

__________________
<<<Please give me Rep if I have helped you<<<

I7 930 @ 4GHz : Noctua D-14
Gigabyte X58A-UD7 : Asus GTX 480
G.Skill Trident 1600MHz 6-8-7-18 : Samsung F3 1TB
OCZ Vertex 2 50GB : Silverstone RV02 Case
Silverstone Strider Plus 1Kw : Sony DRU-870s Optical
Samsung P2350 Monito
r

baron5 is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 03:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
gone
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,051
Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: To Wait or not to wait?

I guess my big question is, is it the E6750 that much faster then a regular e6600 ( assuming neither are overclocked? ) Does the increasing FSB really matter? I read in one article it only results in performance increases of up to 10% for programs like Dvix, but only 1-5% increases in other programs ( gaming not mentioned ). Also the increase in L2 cache matter much?
Gabb is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
 
b1gapl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 13,044
Default Re: To Wait or not to wait?

It's not a huge increase. But the point of July 22, is to make the Core 2 Duo line more affordable.
__________________


3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,134
Default Re: To Wait or not to wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron5 View Post
bit or work never hurt ne one. and if it takes wateva to get that lil lower temps then im all for it
the problem with the coollabs is that it is conductive... make a bad job of it, and you will fry the motherboard.
joshd is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
gurusan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,562
Send a message via MSN to gurusan
Default Re: To Wait or not to wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd View Post
the problem with the coollabs is that it is conductive... make a bad job of it, and you will fry the motherboard.
yeah but honestly if someone is that sloppy then it's not for them anyway...it's pretty hard to apply.

I've used it and honestly could tell no difference in temps over AS5.....all it did was mess up my heatsink so I had to lap it afterward...and mess up my processor surface so I lapped that as well.
__________________

__________________
|| 2500K @ 5GHz 1 thread, 4.8 2 threads, 4.6 3, 4.5 4 1.284V ||
|| P8P67-M Pro || 8GB @ 2133MHz ||
|| 5850 @ 1000/1225 || XFX 650W || Silverstone FT03B ||
|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
gurusan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bought the other parts, just need to wait for the newegg parts :D pinoy3000 New Systems | Building and Buying 4 05-26-2007 09:24 AM
Should i wait to get a videocard? truegamer129 PC Gaming 29 05-08-2007 02:55 PM
GPU, upgrade now or wait? TheDiceman New Systems | Building and Buying 21 05-04-2007 05:49 PM
Case: Bite on a good deal or wait? mrfluffles New Systems | Building and Buying 3 03-27-2007 07:49 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.