To wait for Conroe or go AMD now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
hello all, so i have decided since a crap load of new stuff is coming out screw it this summer i gonna upgrade my mobo too (with new CPU).

right now im using a 3.0ghz CPU, so the question is this, get AM2 Mobo (since i have ddr2 ram right now) Or wait and get conroe? Is conroe gonna be that good for gaming? And what the price gonna be like on them?

Thanks alot.

Go Amd. Im not sure since i havnt been around much lately but i believe Conroe is realised in September? :S
i do not belive the Conroe will be as good as speculated. $210 - $530 i think is going to be prices. Also not 100%.

No, conroe comes out in July. Conroe will most likely be as good as speculated however I heard they are coming underclocked because Intel might want to push Woodcrest.

conroe looks promising beating older cpus easy in fps tests. but its hard to tell there might be some underlying problems, we all know one of intels biggest problems is heat so there is a chance that conroe will be as hot or hotter than a p4 HT, but thats specukation. i would wait till it comes out and read reveiws from places like etreme tech and read testimonials from people here who bought it first. i just read an article on Nvidias new am2 chipset called the Nforce 500, and it has alot of really cool features, if it works out AM2 and conroe could be fercie competetors and thats always good for the market IMO.

zmatt said:
conroe looks promising beating older cpus easy in fps tests. but its hard to tell there might be some underlying problems, we all know one of intels biggest problems is heat so there is a chance that conroe will be as hot or hotter than a p4 HT, but thats specukation. i would wait till it comes out and read reveiws from places like etreme tech and read testimonials from people here who bought it first. i just read an article on Nvidias new am2 chipset called the Nforce 500, and it has alot of really cool features, if it works out AM2 and conroe could be fercie competetors and thats always good for the market IMO.

Features such as?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom