Wait for Conroe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't even begin to guess. I'm still an AMD person as far as Mobos go, so I only know the AMD makers. And since there's only one Conroe motherboard right now...who knows. I just hope it looks as good as the DFI Laparty nF4 Ultra-D.

DFI is comin out with conroe mobos, they have an Infinity 975x and i think a LP 975x (which i havent heard of but many people on XS say its goin to happen), a RD600 LP UT.... their might be more but htose are the ones i remember...

If they price perf ratio is equal for a conroe to 64...then I'm stickin with AM2 because of the RHT possibility. lmao. I bet, AMD themselves planted the rumor...they just want to secure assets lol.

BennyV04988 said:
If they price perf ratio is equal for a conroe to 64...then I'm stickin with AM2 because of the RHT possibility. lmao. I bet, AMD themselves planted the rumor...they just want to secure assets lol.

The price/perf ratio is nowhere near the same.

1.83Ghz Conroe is better than a X2 3800+. The Conroe is $183, and the Xw 4800+ is going to be $400 after the price cuts. It gets even worse when you compare the $224 2.13Ghz Conroe to the $999 FX-60.

Im talking about the x2 3800 i guess. I haven't look at the chart lately but ya the fx is bogus. I wouldn't flinch for that unless RHT was a def.

X2 3800+ is $169, thats true. But like I said, the $189 Conroe 2.13Ghz is better than the X2 4800+, so the performance of the X2 3800+ won't be anywhere even close to even the weakest Conroe processor.

And like was already said in the RHT thread, its not going to happen anytime soon. Its a waste of time anyway, Dual-Core supporting games will already support two cores, so making them into one will most likely have a negative impact in Dual-Core supporting games.

maybe you're right about RHT. I don't know. Conroe is a beast. That is true. Im not sure about the games/prog though being DC already. I mean...they've been thrown quite the curveball and who knows what they're banking on (DC or SC threading) I mean of course DC for most things but games? I just don't know.

But on a side note Infomatic...look how well you responded to my "nice" post here..and then my "aggressive" on the other thread. lol. Thank you for proving my point about the fingertrap so clearly!

The "fingertrap" analogy has been posted by AnthraX before, albeit not as the 'fingertrap' but the basic concept was the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom