wait or buy now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenihan

Baseband Member
I am looking at whether to get an amd based computer now or wait till there next socket comes out with the DDR2 support or DDR3 support. I have a budget around 1600 dollars canadian.
What I am really looking for is a good gaming computer that will blow my socks off. I am willing to buy stuff off the web I usually buy my stuff off tigerdirect.ca, also if it could play oblivion maxed that would be so sweet. Thanks for giveing this a look.

As of now I have an
p4- 3ghz
chaintech geforce 6600 *AGP :(*
1.5gbs of ram
160 gigabyte hard drive

read the sticky on AM2. Its isnt supposed to be that great and i personally dont see the huge difference between a good x2 processor and the new am2.

there is a lot of difference between the two
but no i dont think its worth waiting for because
quite frankly you will be waiting a long time :(
x2 3800 or x2 4400 will do you fine :)

tanda317 said:
read the sticky on AM2. Its isnt supposed to be that great and i personally dont see the huge difference between a good x2 processor and the new am2.
Thats why everyone is looking at Intel's Conroe, Memron, Woodcrest, and Clovertown. And yes I would wait for these. By then the cheap DX10 card will be out as well.

tanda317 said:

wohh there! remember every1 there is just makeing Assumptions
on how they THINK am2 is going to be. I agree with you but then again nether of us know for sure because am2 isnt out yet.

but for now getting an amd x2 will hold up untill amd2 is out.

im looking at all processors but this wasnt about intel
so i wasnt gonna bring it up

and again i wouldnt wait :(
im just impatient
buy now upgrade later is my saying

How long do you think I should wait before building this computer? or should i just buy one now if now. what sorta of computer parts should i get. I have no problems building it all together once i got the parts lol. thanks for the help so far.

Lets clean up some lose ends

*AMD will support DDR3 with their 2008 Processors acourding ot their roadmap not worth waiting for.

*People know that AM2 is garbage and the memory controller is flawed if not crippled. These are from benchmarks of their chips in development if they make any changes either it will be more buggy than it is now or they delay the release date. Do some research.

*Buy now Upgrade later? These updates happen only every 2-3 years and it's right around the corner why throw away your money.

Not another AMD vs. Conroe thread please!!!!! Because this is where it's heading! Stop the insanity now!

I am just wondering whether to buy a computer now or wait a bit before the new CPUs are out and whether to wait for the new nvidia geforce 8 series are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom