Wait or Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norcal313

Baseband Member
I've been looking at purchasing a new gaming desktop with $2000-2500 price range in mind.

Some of the components included were: conroe 6700, nvidia's 7950 graphics card, etc...

Now that I am at the point where I can make the purchase I'm hesitant because of upcoming technology. So I'm asking the tech forums what your opinions are.

Thanks~

Wait until september. Conroe should be available in that speed next week and better motherboards are coming out. ATI's X1950xtx and Nvidia G80 are coming out also.

Dont hesitate, you oculd wait maybe a bit longer and grab an ATI x1950xtx instead of that 7950GX but other than that, you'll be forced to wait alot of months for that upcoming technology, DX 10 cards are only dued to next year sometime..

And the current mobos for Conroe are really good, only problem is that they are very pricey, but if you can affored it[and I can see by your budget that YES you can] then just GO for it!

-Jo.

Yea I would wait, it's only a few months..or you could buy now, and sell it when the new stuff comes in.

Yeah, the X1950XTX is so much better than the 7950GX2, just look at those awesome benchmarks ATi made. :rolleyes:

Just buy now, 7950GX2 is awesome E6700 is awesome. Go for it.

Dang it, he's right. Wait for Conroe and v-cards that are DX10 compatible. And keep an eye on the PhyX cards. I think they might be on to something; I saw a HD demo for Cellfactor and it's pretty intense.

Dan

dipique said:
Dang it, he's right. Wait for Conroe and v-cards that are DX10 compatible. And keep an eye on the PhyX cards. I think they might be on to something; I saw a HD demo for Cellfactor and it's pretty intense.

Dan

lol, you've got much reading to do dude.
First off, DX10 cards [again i'm saying it, twicei n the same thread, people has to start reading] are DUE to SOMETIME next year, N-E-X-T Y-E-A-R.

PhyX is has already fixed itself a big nice square in the history books for being the biggest failure for the year of 2006. its utterly useless in all the mainstream games [since they dosen't even support it?] and in the games it does support the diffrence was so minor it just didnt justify 200$, heck it didnt even justify 60$.

And last correction, Conroes are out for a while now ;) .

lolz, I hope I've helped you to catch up a little :) .

And General, the x1950xtx does better than 7950GX2 even in non biased benchmarks, I've seen a couple being tested, and btw that card is simply HUGE!!! Its even bigger than the x1900xt edition which was already huge lol.

-jO

Yoad said:
lol, you've got much reading to do dude.
First off, DX10 cards [again i'm saying it, twicei n the same thread, people has to start reading] are DUE to SOMETIME next year, N-E-X-T Y-E-A-R.

PhyX is has already fixed itself a big nice square in the history books for being the biggest failure for the year of 2006. its utterly useless in all the mainstream games [since they dosen't even support it?] and in the games it does support the diffrence was so minor it just didnt justify 200$, heck it didnt even justify 60$.

And last correction, Conroes are out for a while now ;) .

lolz, I hope I've helped you to catch up a little :) .

lol, yep.

Yoad said:
And General, the x1950xtx does better than 7950GX2 even in non biased benchmarks, I've seen a couple being tested, and btw that card is simply HUGE!!! Its even bigger than the x1900xt edition which was already huge lol.

-jO

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=x1950xtx+benchmarks

They are all vender supplied (a.k.a. rigged by ATi)

Yoad said:

You obviously haven't read too many reviews about the new PhysX hardware.... and doing physics calculations. Note that it is still NEW, and in its infancy. I personally wouldn't get the Ageia PhysX card, but from a few articles I have read, both ATi and NVIDIA are saying that an additional GPU could handle the physics calculations better than the Ageia card, which I don't doubt.

A big part of the reason that they are lacking right now is that game engines don't yet have the physics calculations in them..... Here is a good article with which to familiarize yourself with it:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/08/03/the_scientists_opinions_on_gaming_physics/[/rul]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom