Vista Ultimate worth $300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mgoldb2 said:
Completely agreed. Being upset that a new OS coming out that you donÂ’t even need to get if you donÂ’t want is almost worst then complaining a video card you bought in 2001 wont play FEAR.

well said

Well Vista may be the best thing (some say the only good thing) to come out of Microsoft, or it may be a huge letdown for gamers.
It's sort of a will they won't they situation at the moment.

DX10, Halo2, 64-bitonly - these are all issues still floating around on the internet with no direct answers.

But one thing that does concern me is the talk about the specs needed to simply RUN the OS, if what's talked about is what you need to run it imagine what you need to run games on top of that - would surely cause some major lag compared to XP running in the background.

I do hope it's all it's cracked up to be, but as always with Microsoft I have my doubts. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Look none of use really knows but from what I read from people who have played around with the beta this is what I have gotten.

1. It is an upgrade from XP and is better.

2. It is no where as good as it could have been. Microsoft promise a lot of things at the beginning and many of them was taken out of the design.

In conclusion is it a improvement over XP yes but is it as revolutionary or even as close to as good as it could of been no.

Here an article that a bit negative about Vista but I think it shows why Vista is not as big as improvement as it could have been.

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_5308_05.asp

Personally I plan to eventurally move to Vista but I dont have high hopes that it going to totally change how I think about operating systems.

I dont think it as big of jump as it was from moving from windows 3.2 too windows 95.

yeah were just going to have to wait and see............

oh what about Halo 2 on PC, are they waiting for DX 10 to make the translation? And when Halo 3 comes out will it be out for PC too (if anyone knows)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom