Vista Ultimate worth $300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pro offers more admin control over ur computer as well as other things like security. although SP2 made both on a closer par.

i dont have to worry about any pricing since i get everything free through my school. but it better be for the tuition im paying! :p

and is it called vista ultimate? i thot it was vista home premium for gamers

well if you check out paul thurotts site about vista, its a nice discription.

based on what i know, vista ultimate will basically be like MCE, Home, and Pro combined in the most logical way possible (for example, they won't have the network things from home, but maybe they will have the help menu from home :p)

also, this is still up in the air, but there are some rumors going around that vista ultimate users will have special priveledges... in my mind i see them making almost like a membership, and you need to sign up by being "verified" that you have vista ultimate (kind of like the genuine check). then from there you can do things like get some free downloads other users can't, etc.

but i have heard ultimate is the way to go for gamers... and im just fed up with home, so im getting the ultimate edition (see sig). Its gonna also have something along the lines of TweakUI in there to "boost" performance.

I remember reading this earlier on Paul's site (check google for him) but i think it changed. the vista ult. people will NOT have to "activate" windows... anything above home premium was what i remember...... but again, i think they through that out :(.

So is there a difference between the "Enterprise" and "Ultimate" edition? Not too much... but if you want to have the extra little gizmos and such, go for ultimate.... also it will have much better entertainment than Pro... the MCE entertainment, theoretically.

Paul's site really lures you into it. he goes on saying "blah blah there has never been an operating system release of this magnitude! Blah blah vista......"

Good luck making your choice :) (i know mine!!)

vista seems over-rated to me.. like come on people just dont have that money to buy a new OS every 3years.. windows will release as many OS's as possible in the shortest period of time possible to get more money... im against the high price of OS's...

im just looking at the price of xp.. i think thats UBER EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!! capitals because im mad not as a purpose of exclaimation! :)

on the web it says that its made for gamers so if it really makes the games run better somehow i will get it. but i will always use the classic windows theme and i always hated those extra stuff like windows outlook or movie maker which you have to rip core files to get rid off so the graphics arent the stuff i'm looking for.

Tordenskjold said:
vista seems over-rated to me.. like come on people just dont have that money to buy a new OS every 3years.. windows will release as many OS's as possible in the shortest period of time possible to get more money... im against the high price of OS's...

You need new OS's because you can only create an OS for a certain range of hardware and software. You have to upgrade at some point. Sure Microsoft is out to make money, but do you really think a operating system that came out in 2001 was envisioned to be able to hand the hardware thats out today, or coming out tomorrow. Quit your whining.

but do you really think a operating system that came out in 2001 was envisioned to be able to hand the hardware thats out today, or coming out tomorrow. Quit your whining.

Completely agreed. Being upset that a new OS coming out that you donÂ’t even need to get if you donÂ’t want is almost worst then complaining a video card you bought in 2001 wont play FEAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom