VISTA screenshots....just got it today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmammen

Self Proclaimed Immortal
my dad picked up a new sony vaio laptop from frys, and it came with Vista buisness...which is the 2nd from the top, behind only premium. it supposedly just came out today. i like it, its SUPER slow to load up but once it up it fast. basically, think of it as Mac OS for windows XP.....thats all it is.
the laptop specs-
centrino duo 1.8 ghz
1 gig ram
120 gig hdd
sony vaio
blah blah blah

pics of some screens-

windows media player 11 is cool....
office 2007 vista...really sucks....its hard to use and figure out...

Looks nice but I hope that's not all it does. I've seen people review it saying nasty things about how vista is about security. Meaning if something appears to be the tiniest bit illegal you can't do it in Vista. Either way I'll be hanging on to XP for a while until that service pack comes out. Since you know first hand, What are the bugs of this OS? Is it a huge system resource hog like everyone had anticipated? Also I REALLY hope there is atleast twice the amount of options to change the layout than in XP. I don't want some silly looking thing dongling around in the corner of my screen, no thank you. I don't like the fact that they left the regular clock in there either. I downloaded a vista transformation pack with a much more appealing clock. I like the idea of sideways windows to save space on your desktop and browse through tons of things at once. I just hope the good outweighs the bad with this one.

BUGS(that i can tell so far)
slow load up time, like 3 min, prolly due to the fact of my dads slow proc.
Nothing is compatible yet. NOTHING. as in, flash and java for internet, some installation issues with previous versions of prgarms. my dad tried to install turbo tax07, photoshop CS2, and even microsoft office 2005 didnt work properly.
Microsoft office 2007 works ok, but i dont like the format.
Also, i cant for the life of me get into the bios. i cant f2 or f8 or esc or f10 or anything.....i just cant get it....and the laptop didnt come with a manual so it doesnt say how to. im looking around online for some stuff.

once i get into bios ill post some screenshots.

yea, i know, i have pretty much tried everything, including ctrl, alt, tab, insert, delete, end, all the F's, function.....lol...nothing....

nagasama said:
OINK OINK, my good man.
dude that looks pretty hoggy to me.
although those sideways windows are pretty neat.

yep, my dads lappy is a 1.8ghz centrino duo, 1 gig ram, 120 gig 7200rpm hd, onboard ati graphics.
i told him to get 2 gigs, as i knew it would eat the ram, and it does. i installed that CPU/RAM meter up there in that right hand corner of the screen, and it idles at the desktop using about 75% of that gig. lol......luckily he can upgrade the ram to 2 gigs, but DANG its SO slow loading up...hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom