Vista Ready Build...look ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerbob86

Beta member
Hey. So this is my 3rd build...however by far the most powerful! Heres what I have right now:

LOGISYS Transparent Clear Acrylic ATX Case
ASUS P5B LGA 775 Intel P965 Expressl Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
eVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply
MITSUMI Cold Gray 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive
ASUS Beige 2M Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner w/ LightScribe Technology
Creative Inspire P7800 90 Watts 7.1 Speakers

I also plan to use Windows Vista Home Premium on this system, and I am still looking for a soundcard. Does anybody have any advice on a good one? I assume creative labs would go best with these speakers, but I want to make sure that it sounds great and stereo mp3s are able to be played in 7.1. Does everything look ok? Does anybody see any problems or a way to either save some money or gain some performance? Thanks!!

Yep everything looks good, and vista ready. That sound card, that Phase-Six, suggested is a pretty good sound card.

Wow I didn't know Corsair had power supplies. It has good reviews though, and plenty of amps.

yea actually I was looking into that sound card. They only thing people dont seem to like about it is that you cant connect a mic at the same time as digital speakers, but Creative Inspire P7800 90 Watts 7.1 Speakers arent digital, so no problem right? and everything else is good?

I would suggest not getting that case. I have the same one in Acrylic Blue, well still have it, but won't use it. It's very hard to work with, screw-wise there's like 10 or so screws to take off for each panel to even open a side and work on it. It's not very sturdy either. I've had 2 corners on one side pane crack and break off and I'm very careful with my PC stuff at that. if you want to take out the MoBo or something to work on it, or do various things it sucks because of this reason: if you bolt stuff up say a HDD and put screws to each side say 2 on right, 2 on left. If you want to take it out, AFTER you have everything already installed say MoBo for example. You can't take the HD out unless you take off the other pane too...which doesn't work because the mobo is still attached...it's just really complicated to work on ESPECIALLY if you change hardware often like I do. I basically have to disassemble the whole **** thing if I want to work on it. Which is about 20+ screws...which don't fit that great anyways. Oh and I remembered one other thing- I had a Logisys 500W PSU to run with this case also, it won't fit though...the holes don't line up for the PSU, you can only make 2 fit of the 4...it makes no sense that their own PSU doesn't work on their own case you know...LOL. I don't know man, hope you take my advice lol. A lesson learned by me, that's for sure.

I would suggest something a little better hands down. I'm not very happy with mine, even though it gave me 4 80mm fans to use on my other towers now ;)

I put together a friends computer with that same logysis case and it was indeed a pain. The screws they give you are no where near long enough to go through the panels of acrylic. It's just silly having to bore out holes so screws fit in a computer case. Other than that everything looks good in your build.

Yeah that will run vista with flying colors. My comp in my sig runs the vista beta no problem. It even manages to run pretty well on my friends Dell Inspiron B120 (Celeron 1.4 ghz and 512mb ram).

Change the motherboard. The P5B vanilla is nothing special, it won't impress anyone with it's overclocking. The P5B-E, however, is an overclocking champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom